Notices
 

Thread: GoPro or ...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. GoPro or ...? 
    #1
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your blindspot
    Posts
    1,653
    My latest camera, Veho K2 pro has died, it's the second veho to die, i'm not over impressed with their brand as a whole anymore. So GoPro Hero 5, or Session 5? I understand the session has been discontinued, so can be had for £130, whereas the cheapest Hero5 is £250 or thereabouts, for as far as i can see the addition of a touchscreen, though that makes it a more versatile camera, and the battery isn't fixed. Anyone got an opinion? Recc another brand, etc? I use the camera occaisionally on the M/bike, always on the road cycle and sometimes on the mtb, and always on beach hols etc.

    TIA Mitch
     
     

  2.  
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Upavon
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    My latest camera, Veho K2 pro has died, it's the second veho to die, i'm not over impressed with their brand as a whole anymore. So GoPro Hero 5, or Session 5? I understand the session has been discontinued, so can be had for £130, whereas the cheapest Hero5 is £250 or thereabouts, for as far as i can see the addition of a touchscreen, though that makes it a more versatile camera, and the battery isn't fixed. Anyone got an opinion? Recc another brand, etc? I use the camera occaisionally on the M/bike, always on the road cycle and sometimes on the mtb, and always on beach hols etc.

    TIA Mitch
    With action cams it depends what you want it for, Personally I don't use my cameras to record for posterity, I just like to record everything for my own use in case of having an accident to hopeful prove I was in the right, for this reason I need no features apart from loop recording. In the past I paid out for a GoPro and riding back from Somerset it fell of the bike and I lost it (Iv always had visions of someone finding it one day and watching what's on it and seeing it fall of my bike and bounceing through someone's windscreen ) , as it was expensive I was REALLY peed of so all I buy now is the cheapo Chinese GoPro copy's for £9.99, features are very basic but they record and in HD and Iv yet to have a fault with one. I brought 10 of them and have put 2 on each bike (front and back) and 2 in the car and including buying memory cards for each Iv still spent less than half the price I spent on my original GoPro and over a year on they are still going strong.
     
     

  3.  
    #3
    Platinum Member Burbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brizzle
    Posts
    1,494
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    so all I buy now is the cheapo Chinese GoPro copy's for £9.99, features are very basic but they record and in HD and Iv yet to have a fault with one.
    Wossit called ? Where ? Waterproof ?
    I only have one vice…I lie.
     
     

  4.  
    #4
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Hiding in your blindspot
    Posts
    1,653
    I've got an sj4000, cheapo gopro copy, i use it as a dashcam in my car, needs resetting every so often though, and battery is now dead, only runs when ignition on, supposed to run on for 3 mins after i switch off. Also got an Ion Air pro, but i don't really like the bullet cams any more either, and i guess i've answered my question on the session, as i don't like no screen.
     
     

  5.  
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Upavon
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Wossit called ? Where ? Waterproof ?
    they are the same as this, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-DV-S...oAAOSwlptaFiMs
    the battery's are crap I admit but it's easy enough to hard wire them in so they charge as you ride, I tend to wire them into the headlight so it only works when the engines running.
    Last edited by Badgerroy; 14-06-18 at 04:05 PM.
     
     

  6.  
    #6
    Platinum Member Burbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brizzle
    Posts
    1,494
    Why are there dozens of different prices for what looks like the same item, and from the same supplier ?

    Baffled we are, yes.
    I only have one vice…I lie.
     
     

  7.  
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Upavon
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Why are there dozens of different prices for what looks like the same item, and from the same supplier ?

    Baffled we are, yes.
    thats just eBay making sure nothings easy for the buyer .
     
     

  8.  
    #8
    The Boss Dabz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Trowbridge, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,366
    Yup cheap Chinese GoPro copy for me too, does the job and if it falls off the bike it’s cheap enough to just be a nuisance rather than a disaster
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers
     
     

  9.  
    #9
    Platinum Member Burbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brizzle
    Posts
    1,494
    OK. I'll fall for it.

    One on order. If satisfactory I'll get another.
    I only have one vice…I lie.
     
     

  10.  
    #10
    Senior Member WR6133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tidworth
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Why are there dozens of different prices for what looks like the same item, and from the same supplier ?
    Because madly enough there are fake SJCam's (cheaper hardware/firmware).

    Specs of the real ones here https://sjcam.com/
     
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •