Notices

Thread: Fowl-up's Damaged my bike! What's the chance of getting it resolved..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Fowl-up's Damaged my bike! What's the chance of getting it resolved.. 
    Does anyone here have any experience with the customer complaints at Fowlers in Bristol? I took my triumph in for a safety recall (fuel connectors Change to metal from plastic) and on the day booked; they'd forgotten to order the parts, so sorted a van to come collect the bike from trowbridge, repair and return it when they were in. Lovely I thought... Just got it back today and they've returned it with a fresh cut on the side of the tank and rough scuff down to the plastic on the rear panel down to the plastic. No mention of this when returning it. Poor service to say the least. E-mailed them to complain, just curious if anyone's had a similar issue with them and if they resolved it. Also, if anyone knows a good paint repair place in the area let me know, I'm not taking it back there.

Cheers, Luke

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    Does anyone here have any experience with the customer complaints at Fowlers in Bristol? I took my triumph in for a safety recall (fuel connectors Change to metal from plastic) and on the day booked; they'd forgotten to order the parts, so sorted a van to come collect the bike from trowbridge, repair and return it when they were in. Lovely I thought... Just got it back today and they've returned it with a fresh cut on the side of the tank and rough scuff down to the plastic on the rear panel down to the plastic. No mention of this when returning it. Poor service to say the least. E-mailed them to complain, just curious if anyone's had a similar issue with them and if they resolved it. Also, if anyone knows a good paint repair place in the area let me know, I'm not taking it back there.

Cheers, Luke
    they scuffed it they can fix it as far as I'd be concerned.

That is not good at all, i agree with Badgerroy they can fix it thats would i would be saying. Next time perhaps try Blade Triumph in Swindon.
    Hope you get it sorted.

Yeah, I'll see what they say, I'm just loathe to put it in the back of another van with them now, rather they just foot the bill and get it sorted locally. Defo will be up to Swindon in the future. Cheers

Don't rely on emails, phone them direct and speak to the manager. Take photos of the damage, but don't leave it too long after they returned it. Hope you get it sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Don't rely on emails, phone them direct and speak to the manager. Take photos of the damage, but don't leave it too long after they returned it. Hope you get it sorted
    Agreed. Also do you have any recent photos of it before it went?
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

they should repair it and offer compensation.
    I had an old Genesis 600 in a few years ago, it blew over in the yard. holed and cracked a panel. all ebay ones were scuffed new ones none anywhere so resorted to Crash in Leafield Corsham, they repaired the hole and resprayed the pearlescent white and red and blue bits instead of decals. you couldn't tell the difference after.
    at first owner not pleased but on seeing repair was happy.

They just called back today, the Van Driver confirmed it didn't have the marks when he picked it up, though it did when he returned it. Not that he mentioned to us on delivery... I do have some pics before and after (below). They couldn't say how it was done, maybe when cleaning it... it wasn't clean on return. Closer check last night and found they'd also put an inch scratch down to the metal on the side of the tank. Why they though it was ok to return without mentioning/anything, I don't know.

The service dept said since the panels not made any more, they'll have a look to source one, but otherwise they should be able to pay out for it being repaired at a local paint shop. I've contacted a few local places for quotes and am just glad it won't be going back to them. So looks like it's getting sorted, despite alot of faff. Next time I need any OEM parts/work done, I'll be going to Swindon, this has put me right off Fowlers.

Close up.jpgBefore Fowlers.jpg
    Attached Images

Today got a message from Fowler's saying I could get the work done locally and send them the bill, so booking in at Lightning Services in Hilperton. Happy days.

Quote Originally Posted by GezTheHealer View Post
    Today got a message from Fowler's saying I could get the work done locally and send them the bill, so booking in at Lightning Services in Hilperton. Happy days.
    Good news !