Notices

Thread: Hiya from Royal Wootton Bassett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hiya from Royal Wootton Bassett 
    Hi, I'm Budgie, I started riding in 1982 aged 10 with a TY80 trials bike, spent most of that time wandering around wearing an open faced helmet, whilst watching CHiPs, junior kickstart, and the muppets on the telly at my nans house.

My earliest childhood memory involves my dad returning home countless times after falling off his motorbike to a chorus of "Budgie, you're NOT having a motorbike" from my mum. I Managed to keep my first road bike, a CBR 600 and the fact that I'd passed my bike test secret from her for several years, even though I'd left home a decade before...

I'm privalaged to ride motorcycles professionally, working as a police officer in Wiltshire, I'm also an Advanced motorcycle and car examiner for RoSPA and Wiltshire lead for the Bikesafe initiative.

Im currently riding about on a Tiger 1050, my first Triumph after a string of Japanese bikes and I flippin' love it. I'm looking forwards to getting out and about for fun rather than testing or working.

Hi Budgie and welcome to the forum.

Having passed my bike test way back in 82 a Bikesafe session over ten years ago was my very first two wheeled 'training' and led me to do the IAM training and test a couple of years later, hats off to you and colleagues for the Bikesafe initiative, I know loads of officers give their time for free to it

Platinum Member
    Hello and welcome, I'm sure we won't hold your job against you .
    i have actually just put my name down on the Devizes bikesafe waiting list (as in half hour ago), never to old to learn a new trick.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 09-05-18 at 10:30 PM.

Hi and welcome. Good to have you on board
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Hi Budgie , and welcome to WB

Chatterbox
    Evenin
    Everything else is shyte

Hi Trev, well done on completing your IAM test, bikesafe is a great way to refresh some skills and maybe learn something new, yep some of us have to come in for free because there's no cash left in the pot.
    Badgerray, I'll be running this year's BS in wilts so hopefully catch up soon. The waiting list is long and 2 of 3 dates are fully booked already.
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome

Hello and welcome to WB

Hello from me also. Best behaviour on the ride outs then?! .

Pete

I think I'll be the one whos riding is judged ...I'll try to be on my best behaviour, promise.....