Notices

Thread: Have you ever come into a corner thinking ....S**T…. S**t…. S**T

1. Have you ever come into a corner thinking ....S**T…. S**t…. S**T 
    Posting this up for my friend Eddy.

He is extremely friendly, knowledgeable and willing to share his wealth of experience.

MOTORCYCLISTS
    Have youever come into a corner thinking
    S**T….S**t…. S**T

ForOne Time and One Time Only
    EddyLambah-Stoate, author of My Little Green Book ofAdvanced Motorcycling, IAM Masters, RoSPA Diploma and one time clubracer
    Presents

RIDESMARTAT CASTLE COMBE

A blend ofroad, low speed and race techniques specifically designed to enhancemachine control, stability and highwaysafety

• To finish first, first you have to finish -

Goodcontrol and stability is key to all forms of motorcycling

When:Thursday 14th June
    How Much:£155

Contact EddyLambah-Stoate: Tel 0777 920 6326 email: lambahstoate@aol.com

I'm going to be at Castle Combe on the 11th June for the IAM Skills Day, hope the weather is better than last year when it rained so hard in the morning even my Rukka Gear leaked

Also going to be there this Saturday for Pure Ford day, my first time on a track in a car, hope I don't scratch it

In a word Dennis, er, no.

For those who won't be partaking in the training event at Combe there's a wee mantra you can repeat to yourself - JFLI.... Just Fecking Lean It. Modern bikes have heaps of ground clearance, better suspension and far better tyres than the stuff that I originally rode in the late 70s and 80s, and while I have the benefit of having raced and ridden on track for over 20 years now, it's a good lesson to learn if enthusiasm gets the better of ability (or perception). If you overdo it and end up barreling into a corner faster than you would like to, try to resist the obvious temptation to grab a big handful of brake - under heavy braking you can't turn so you're probably going to crash by running on - on a left-hander you'll cross the path of oncoming traffic, on a right-hander you'll head into the hedge. It's a split second decision but if you just lean it harder than you've ever dared to before you'll probably make it. You will need to pull over and have a strong word with yourself, and it's better to avoid getting into that predicament in the first place by riding within your limits, but it's a useful trick to call upon if you are ever in need....

If the Police do any Roadsafe days, they're really worth attending (I hope I've got that right, please correct me if I've misnamed it)
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    In a word Dennis, er, no.

For those who won't be partaking in the training event at Combe there's a wee mantra you can repeat to yourself - JFLI.... Just Fecking Lean It. Modern bikes have heaps of ground clearance, better suspension and far better tyres than the stuff that I originally rode in the late 70s and 80s, and while I have the benefit of having raced and ridden on track for over 20 years now, it's a good lesson to learn if enthusiasm gets the better of ability (or perception). If you overdo it and end up barreling into a corner faster than you would like to, try to resist the obvious temptation to grab a big handful of brake - under heavy braking you can't turn so you're probably going to crash by running on - on a left-hander you'll cross the path of oncoming traffic, on a right-hander you'll head into the hedge. It's a split second decision but if you just lean it harder than you've ever dared to before you'll probably make it. You will need to pull over and have a strong word with yourself, and it's better to avoid getting into that predicament in the first place by riding within your limits, but it's a useful trick to call upon if you are ever in need....

If the Police do any Roadsafe days, they're really worth attending (I hope I've got that right, please correct me if I've misnamed it)
    I think it's called "bikesafe". Close but no cigar.

That’s the kiddy, thanks.

Definitely worth doing one of those if you have the chance. Make sure your bike is legal as they’ll give it a quick once-over before you set off. They aren’t bothered about cans and small plates (well mine at least) but they did stop my mate Calamity Jon from participating as his tyres were borderline wear-wise.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen