Notices

Thread: All in the head, or...?

1. All in the head, or...? 
    Platinum Member
    Jumped on the bike yesterday to ride down to the office, all good, got to Morrisons and filled up, bombing down the A350 and the bike felt twitchy AF, thought 'sugar' i've got a puncture, stopped in layby, all seemed ok, but there was no way i could ride to Slough on it, rode back to Chipp, and it felt the same all the way home too. Took car, and checked it over when i got home yesterday. Tyres are not new, but not squared off by a long way, pressure fine in back, 29 in front, so topped it up to 36. Suspenders all look ok, nothing missing, wheel bearings all ok, had it on stands and checked everything, all ok. Just blasted it down to JNC17 to shake it down, and it all felt pukka value normal, was it really just a missing 7 psi in the front?? Or is my Brian fuling me? As in, i hit a dodgy patch yesterday, and then got the heeby jeebies? Bike is a 929 blade, had it 7 years, tyres are diablo rosso 3's
    Last edited by Mitch9128; 09-05-18 at 09:40 AM.

Let the tyre down again and try it !
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    Jumped on the bike yesterday to ride down to the office, all good, got to Morrisons and filled up, bombing down the A350 and the bike felt twitchy AF, thought 'sugar' i've got a puncture, stopped in layby, all seemed ok, but there was no way i could ride to Slough on it, rode back to Chipp, and it felt the same all the way home too. Took car, and checked it over when i got home yesterday. Tyres are not new, but not squared off by a long way, pressure fine in back, 29 in front, so topped it up to 36. Suspenders all look ok, nothing missing, wheel bearings all ok, had it on stands and checked everything, all ok. Just blasted it down to JNC17 to shake it down, and it all felt pukka value normal, was it really just a missing 7 psi in the front?? Or is my Brian fuling me? As in, i hit a dodgy patch yesterday, and then got the heeby jeebies? Bike is a 929 blade, had it 7 years, tyres are diablo rosso 3's
    could be in all in the brain after your heeby jeebies yestaday, last year I had a really really close call with a truck pulling across into my lane right next to me on the a303, I was within 6ins on going under its wheels, for about 2 weeks after every bike I rode felt like there was something wrong with it which there clearly wasn't so it was obviously all in my mind. Just your brain overthinking things.

Hi, I've had this after hitting a patch of gravel, and washing the front out for what felt like several feet, even though it was only a out an inch or two. I found that I was so tense the bike Couldn't do it's work as I was gripping on for dear life. Once I'd relaxed and let the bike sort itself out, it was all ok.

I would also say tyre pressure for starters.
    but, although no visible leaks in forks, when was fork oil changed last? could have gone off or imbalance in legs. the other option, rear shock linkage all bearings ok?

sitting it back up on stands may have re sat back in position again.

Platinum Member
    Been away on hols so haven't rode the bike since, did 80 miles this morning though, and it was sweet as a nut, head wobbles methinks.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch9128 View Post
    Been away on hols so haven't rode the bike since, did 80 miles this morning though, and it was sweet as a nut, head wobbles methinks.
    Good to hear

^^^ wot he said^^^
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”