Notices

Thread: Infamy (again)

1. Infamy (again) 
    As todays weather was looking good, yesterday, I rang around to see if I could get my new tyre. Protyre were the only ones to have it in stock, and they could also do it today.

Went in to have one of the new Michelin Road 5 s fitted (rear).

When I returned the bike was still on the ramp with 2 people peering at it.

The tyre was rubbing on the hugger. After a chat, I wandered off for 40 mins. Returning again, the bike was still not sorted.

One of the chaps fetched a Pilot Road 4 and it was quite obvious that the 5 was significantly larger. So, 5 off, 4 on no problem.

Tiz an issue though and Protyre will be contacting Michelin.

Why me ?????
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    As todays weather was looking good, yesterday, I rang around to see if I could get my new tyre. Protyre were the only ones to have it in stock, and they could also do it today.

Went in to have one of the new Michelin Road 5 s fitted (rear).

When I returned the bike was still on the ramp with 2 people peering at it.

The tyre was rubbing on the hugger. After a chat, I wandered off for 40 mins. Returning again, the bike was still not sorted.

One of the chaps fetched a Pilot Road 4 and it was quite obvious that the 5 was significantly larger. So, 5 off, 4 on no problem.

Tiz an issue though and Protyre will be contacting Michelin.

Why me ?????
    Just lucky I guess . But in all seriousness though that is a major f#@k up on michelins part and a good way to lose customers.

You sure have some luck Burbler!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

That is a problem for Michelin but you were lucky to at least get it sorted.