Notices

Thread: Twas a dry day...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Twas a dry day... 
    Chatterbox
    Did anyone manage to get out and about ?

After a Sod’s law flat battery scuppered our initial plan, I headed off with Bruv and his new toy.

Had a real good blat around a fave little loop.

To Shaftesbury, through to Wilton via the Fovant Badges and home.

Nippy, but great fun.

Everything else is shyte

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Did anyone manage to get out and about ?

After a Sod’s law flat battery scuppered our initial plan, I headed off with Bruv and his new toy.

Had a real good blat around a fave little loop.

To Shaftesbury, through to Wilton via the Fovant Badges and home.

Nippy, but great fun.

I took the triumph out for about an hour this morning to AppleShaw-chute-tangley woods into Andover and this afternoon managed an hour playing on the plains on the KTM, was actually a nice day up till 6.30 when the sky opened up. The good thing bout the KTM is i still get to ride in the crappy weather. That said I do still prefer riding in the sunshine .
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 01-04-18 at 08:55 PM.

Was nice out , but a tad chilly , managed a regular localish loop , Avebury,Calne,Chippers,Melksham,Semington,Seend,De vizes,Silbury,Marlborough, stopped at Cherhill to put the glove liners in ! 84 miles and cold enough to warrant a hot shower when I got back .

So the Bro's got a new toy has he ..............?
    Last edited by DC; 01-04-18 at 09:05 PM.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DC View Post
    Was nice out , but a tad chilly , managed a regular localish loop , Avebury,Calne,Chippers,Melksham,Semington,Seend,De vizes,Silbury,Marlborough, stopped at Cherhill to put the glove liners in ! 84 miles and cold enough to warrant a hot shower when I got back .

So the Bro's got a new toy has he ..............?
    That Devizes to Avebury roads a fast fast road, I hear it's possible to almost triple the speed limit on a zzr1100

I managed to get out this afternoon but as already said it was a little fresh, actually colder than i thought it would be. At least was able to get out for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    I took the triumph out for about an hour this morning to AppleShaw-chute-tangley woods into Andover and this afternoon managed an hour playing on the plains on the KTM, was actually a nice day up till 6.30 when the sky opened up. The good thing bout the KTM is i still get to ride in the crappy weather. That said I do still prefer riding in the sunshine .
    I can imagine that is the good thing about the KTM does not matter about the weather.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    I can imagine that is the good thing about the KTM does not matter about the weather.
    I must admit you do find yourself taken the worst route to see if it can get over the mud and crap, and so far it's not got stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    I must admit you do find yourself taken the worst route to see if it can get over the mud and crap, and so far it's not got stuck.
    What KTM is did you say it was a 300? is it road registered as well so you can use iron the road. Where do you find these bikes is it eBay??? might start looking myself if i can convince the Mrs i need another bike ....lol

Wanted too, but family around all day.

And now it's bloody snowing again! I kid you not.

Pete

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    What KTM is did you say it was a 300? is it road registered as well so you can use iron the road. Where do you find these bikes is it eBay??? might start looking myself if i can convince the Mrs i need another bike ....lol
    It's the ktm exc450, it goes like a stabbed rat and can wheelie in every gear. Yeah it's all road legal with a years MOT and cheap as you like to insure (£69 fully comp). I found this one on gumtree and was only in Amesbury so virtually on my doorstep, it looked like crap when I brought it but under that crap was a good bike that's had an easy life and had good money spent on it, the full titanium akrapovic exhaust is almost worth as much as I paid for the bike. I spend a lot of time bargain hunting on eBay/gumtree/shpock etc lol. Soon as I take some il put a pic up of it.