Hi,

Pretty low-brow question for this thread but anyone had a battery die a complete death before ? I've hardly ridden over winter but washed the bike 3 or 4 weeks ago and all seemed well (bike started first go no probs) and then today I went to check it out and it was completely dead - absolute 0 like I've never seen. A 1 year old motobatt. I jumped it from the car and bike ran nicely but after leaving it attached 20 mins unattached the wires and the bike died - no life in the battery at all.

Any ideas ? Do you think it must have been something I did washing it with a power washer ? Thing is I'm (hoping!) going to Normandy on it Thursday am so I'm going to Fowlers to buy a part charged battery tomorrow. Come back fit it and ride for an hour and see if it's still okay in the evening. Do you think this is a reasonable strategy for making a working assumption that I killed it with my foolish powerwash (never been a problem before) and a new battery will be okay or do you think that I'm being a dickhead once more and should assume there is a sertious problem with the bike (seeing as it's not been started since being fine, wasn't left on and doesn't have an alarm I can't see how it's the bike) ?!

Actually now I write this, I didn't think so but if I left it in park for 3 or 4 weeks, would idling it from the car be enough to bring it back to life ?

hmmmm. Anyway feel free to chuck abuse at such a basic question but hopefully with something useful as well!