Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
So, you bought a 450 for your first off-roader... you must obviously like hospital food!

Like Chicky said, going out alone is breaking one of the cardinal rules of off-roading, even a relatively innocuous low-speed off can do serious damage if you’re unlucky, and although they aren’t heavy, if you can’t get any leverage to pick it up you can end up pinned down by the bike, and it could be in nearly a foot of stinking water in a puddle (ahem.... that was me, the one day I broke the rule, sat there for ten minutes until a pair of walkers showed up and fortunately the girl was wearing wellies so she waded in and was able to lift the bike enough for me to wriggle out from beneath it....)
My 1st big road bike after passing my test was a zzr1100, I don't do things by half lol. The problem is the hours I work are different to normal peoples so when I can go out their at work and visa versa. It's no substitute for having someone to help I admit but Iv got my IPhone with me and have got the ordnance survey app which has a function where you can summon help to a grid reference with one button press, not ideal but the best I can do. Sorry but I must admit visioning you sat under a bike in a puddle and being saved by a girl made me chuckle.