Notices

Thread: Plans for the year?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Plans for the year? 
    Anyone got anything booked yet? Got a few trackdays sorted, and we ( me and Sam) are heading back over to Northern Ireland again in may for the NW200

In my 50th year , clock the 50,000th mile on the old girl in her 10th year !!! Eat ice cream at the beach , and maybe enjoy some Mountains and Lochs

Platinum Member
    Finances allowing, this year I'm hoping to finally buy the goldwing Iv been lusting after since I was 9. The problem is I get attached to the bikes Iv already got so won't sell them and every time I get a few quid put aside I buy something else, I brought a KTM exc450 yestaday and already scared myself silly on it.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 22-03-18 at 06:37 AM.

NW200 as usual, some UK touring and Classic TT/MGP booked so far.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Scotland in a few weeks time - hoping to pick a dryish week!

IAM Skills day at Thruxton in May, Africa Twin if it's wet (like last year!), drag the old GSXR out if it's dry and try and squeeze into my leathers : (

I'm off to Dublin on business early June and toying with taking the ferry over on the bike and riding West coast for a few days, will be weather dependent as tried it a few years back and coincided with one of the worst storms for years.

Going to Corsica via the wiggly way down and back in the Summer in the van with bike in the back. Away for three weeks, probably won't get too many bike miles in but hope to ride some nice roads on Corsica (there for a week) and have a bit of a potter in the Black Forest and on the way back up through France.

On a non-biking note, I'm taking the car around Castle Combe in May on the Fast Ford day, never been around a circuit driving a car, hope the other drivers go easy on me!

Plan this year is to find some time to ride it other than commuting. I can count on 1 hand how many times I actually rode for fun last year.

Also looking for a smaller one as a toy, been hunting for a decent 600 SRAD but it seems anyone with one that doesn't look like it was tossed in the sea for 3 months before being ram raided through demon tweaks wants silly money.

Wanted to ride Europe but as we've just bought a house I think all my holiday is going to be eaten up with that.

And I'm finally going to get the old V75 road worthy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Plan this year is to find some time to ride it other than commuting. I can count on 1 hand how many times I actually rode for fun last year.

Also looking for a smaller one as a toy, been hunting for a decent 600 SRAD but it seems anyone with one that doesn't look like it was tossed in the sea for 3 months before being ram raided through demon tweaks wants silly money.

Wanted to ride Europe but as we've just bought a house I think all my holiday is going to be eaten up with that.

And I'm finally going to get the old V75 road worthy this year.
    Congrats on the house Chris, I know that's something you've been working hard toward. Let's make sure we catch up for a ride or two this year when you get a spare few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    Let's make sure we catch up for a ride or two this year when you get a spare few hours.
    Upcoming bank holiday weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Upcoming bank holiday weekend?
    Suits me sir...if there is no tsunami or it's not raining frogs. Fri. or Mon.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post

On a non-biking note, I'm taking the car around Castle Combe in May on the Fast Ford day, never been around a circuit driving a car, hope the other drivers go easy on me!
    I used to own an MG midget and the MG owners club rented silverstone circuit for a day, I got about 25 laps in and had a whale of a time, my top speed was less than a ton all day but in a car where your arse is inches of the ground a ton seems silly fast, lots of back end out fun was had .