Notices

Thread: MotoGP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. MotoGP 
    Good opening race to the season today, as the weather was so bad a good excuse to watch all three races. Pleased for the winner of the MotoGP race, won't say who in case others have it recorded to watch.

Chatterbox
    Yep,

Was a great start to the season.
    Everything else is shyte

Agreed. It sure does make F1 look a trifle boring. I'd recommend any bike fan to visit one of the Southern European rounds of the Season. Jerez is probably the best. The whole city becomes bike-centric. Just remember to take earplugs for a decent nights sleep. Bikes on race cans buzz around all night. The police all seem to take holiday, or volunteer for traffic duties at the circuit. Fabulous.

I have only ever been to Silverstone, but keep thinking one year will have to make the journey to warmer climate to enjoy MotoGP.

Great Racing and a really good result

Was so exciting!!!

Had avoided this thread as have only (recorded) terrestrial coverage. Need to be so careful not to hear the result anywhere.

Did enjoy it this evening, looks like another good season.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Remember, a few yrs ago, coming home from work in Porthcawl on an F1 Sunday.

Was knackered mentally and fizzically and was looking forward to a season-defining race.

Made a sandwich or two, opened a bottle of eau-de-vin and made myself comfortable.

Turned on the telly and it happened to be on a news prog. The very first words emitted were 'and the xxxxxx GP was won by xxxxxxx'. Bah.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post

Was knackered mentally and fizzically and was looking forward to a season-defining race.

Made a sandwich or two, opened a bottle of eau-de-vin and made myself comfortable.

Turned on the telly and it happened to be on a news prog. The very first words emitted were 'and the xxxxxx GP was won by xxxxxxx'. Bah.
    I know what you mean i try to avoid all TV, social media until i know the results if i have recorded it. Not easy nowadays with notifications from every other App...

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post

year before last I was unable to watch the F1 live so I recorded it and avoided everything and everyone like the plague that was likely to know and show the result, and what happens? I got a news headline update notification on my Iphone with the result.