Notices

Thread: Insurance - Thoughts....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Believe me, I'm doing the usual merry dance at the moment - trying to work out the best deal.

Just tried the same with The AA today, every year I manage to get the cost of the cover down to the same as a new customer but this year they couldn't do it. Oh well, 11 years as a Gold AA Member means nothing to them so looking to go elsewhere, or as a new customer in my wifes name.

Just a ball ache really.

Pete

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fragglepete View Post
    Believe me, I'm doing the usual merry dance at the moment - trying to work out the best deal.

Just tried the same with The AA today, every year I manage to get the cost of the cover down to the same as a new customer but this year they couldn't do it. Oh well, 11 years as a Gold AA Member means nothing to them so looking to go elsewhere, or as a new customer in my wifes name.

Just a ball ache really.

Pete
    i swap from the AA to the RAC every other year and get the new customer discount each time. Or if your set on staying with the AA cancel your cover then rejoin after 28 days as a new customer and get the discount.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Another time, I added a pillion, upped from 6000 miles to 8000 and the price went DOWN !
    I added my wife to my policy as a learner driver a few years ago and the price went down, work that one out, Iv been driving for 25 years+ in cars,bikes, vans and HGVs and putting my wife as a named driver dropped the price.

After much searching around, the renewal with Bennetts even with the 'renewal fee' worked out about the same as everyone else as it included their full cover packages (breakdown, personal accident, legal, helmet & leather). So, I just let it renewal.... or so I thought! The CC number they had was one that was replaced and I didn't realise. So, got a text from them yesterday stating they couldn't get payment. Panic phone call, new card details given and cover sorted (open on a Sunday - nice). Had a lucky escape as I didn't attend the ride out after all so potentially could have been riding without insurance that day! However, I did notice the e-mail from Bennetts asking them to call urgently did state they continued the policy regardless so I don't risk having my bike seized with this running for a couple of weeks. So, Kudos to Bennetts for having such a system where I wouldn't show us uninsured, but makes me wonder if I did have an accident yesterday morning they would use this as an excuse not to pay out. Still. Sorted now.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by fragglepete View Post
    After much searching around, the renewal with Bennetts even with the 'renewal fee' worked out about the same as everyone else as it included their full cover packages (breakdown, personal accident, legal, helmet & leather). So, I just let it renewal.... or so I thought! The CC number they had was one that was replaced and I didn't realise. So, got a text from them yesterday stating they couldn't get payment. Panic phone call, new card details given and cover sorted (open on a Sunday - nice). Had a lucky escape as I didn't attend the ride out after all so potentially could have been riding without insurance that day! However, I did notice the e-mail from Bennetts asking them to call urgently did state they continued the policy regardless so I don't risk having my bike seized with this running for a couple of weeks. So, Kudos to Bennetts for having such a system where I wouldn't show us uninsured, but makes me wonder if I did have an accident yesterday morning they would use this as an excuse not to pay out. Still. Sorted now.

Pete
    Good that you have it sorted and perhaps a lesson to be learnt if we just let the renewal run.