Notices

Thread: Insurance - Thoughts....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I always use Carole Nash, the policy is really good as it includes a get you home recovery service, and legal cover

Well thanks all for your advice but have stuck with Bikesure in the end. The cheapest quotes were between Bikesure and Bennetts, after calling Bikesure managed to get it down to £289 with excess of £500. Bennetts were a little higher, £512 with excess of £800 no choice really. The adviser did say that it was down to the underwriter, thats what Badgerroy did say only a few underwriters out there.

Thanks again all for the advice.

Glad you have it sorted, 500 excess.... ouch! what bike is it for mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Glad you have it sorted, 500 excess.... ouch! what bike is it for mate?
    Yes excess is high but not as high £800!!!! Its a KTM Superduke 1290 R. Perhaps my next bike should be a moped.....

Nice bike there mate, seen one at Portimao circuit and it was flying round, very impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Nice bike there mate, seen one at Portimao circuit and it was flying round, very impressive
    Thanks only got it last October, and managed just 4 ride outs. Cannot wait for spring to arrive.

Just had my renewal through for this year. Bennetts would be competitive if it wasn't for the £18 arrangement fee!!!! I mean, wtf? Stay as a loyal customer and we'll charge you £18 for the privilege, or as a new customer it'll be cheaper!

Grrrr....

Pete

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fragglepete View Post
    Just had my renewal through for this year. Bennetts would be competitive if it wasn't for the £18 arrangement fee!!!! I mean, wtf? Stay as a loyal customer and we'll charge you £18 for the privilege, or as a new customer it'll be cheaper!

Grrrr....

Pete
    Just go onto compare the market and get a quote as a new customer, Iv been with bennetts for years but always start a new policy each year from a price comparison site which makes me a new customer thus getting the discount. I was advised to do that by a very helpful young lady from bennetts own customer service. The only thing insurance company's give you for loyalty is a higher premium.

Tiz true.

I'd been with one company for 5 yrs then they put my premium up by 45%. Since then I've had to change both for the car and the bike EVERY year.

No ref to claims or NCD or age or anything else. Just up the price and hope the idiot pays it.

I now try several comparison sites on every renewal.

Rang on (recommended) company direct and after 10 mins of questions, they quoted 2½ times other quotes.

It's all a nonsense.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Another time, I added a pillion, upped from 6000 miles to 8000 and the price went DOWN !
    I only have one vice…I lie.