Notices

Thread: Insurance - Thoughts....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Insurance - Thoughts.... 
    My insurance is up for renewal this month, done a couple of comparison sites and Bennetts seem to be cheaper than my current insurer Bikesure.

Any thoughts on Bennetts insurance, i assume they are all pretty much the same. Trying to decide whether to have legal assistance and Leather / helmet cover this year.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazr View Post
    My insurance is up for renewal this month, done a couple of comparison sites and Bennetts seem to be cheaper than my current insurer Bikesure.

Any thoughts on Bennetts insurance, i assume they are all pretty much the same. Trying to decide whether to have legal assistance and Leather / helmet cover this year.
    iv got all my bikes insured with Bennetts. They offered my a multibike policy to insure them all on 1 policy but it only worked out about £45 cheaper and its a pain updating it if you sell a bike with a multibike policy so Iv just got separate policy's for each, (got lotsa meerkats ) Personally Iv got no complaints and never had anything but good experiences with them. Relatively good prices and the call center staff seem well informed and keen to help, only niggle is you can't change things online and have to ring them.
    Bike-sure however wouldn't get my money if they was the only bike insurer on the planet after my last experience with them (I changed a bike on the policy and dispite them sending me a new updated insurance certificate with the new bike details on it they didn't update it with the underwriter so technically I was riding uninsured for 6 months, I only found out when I tried retaxing it and it showed up as uninsured).
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 04-03-18 at 11:08 PM.

Hi Badgerroy
    Thanks for the response will call Bennetts this week to make sure what the price is right. One of my pet hates is they ask what mods, like different seat on mine and levers. I am sure it just so they can charge you more...

Thanks again.

Platinum Member
    I am sure it just so they can charge you more...
    without a doubt it is, vehicle insurance is the biggest racket on the planet, they got you over a barrel as they know you have to buy their product. There's loads of insurance company's selling insurance but actually very few underwriters setting the prices.

I'm with Bennetts simply because they came out cheapest. Not had to claim though... I also don't use their multi-bike policy as my insurances were due at different times.

I wanted to use the new Mackenzie Hodgson company, but they were not even slightly competitive on price.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
    I'm with Bennetts simply because they came out cheapest. Not had to claim though... I also don't use their multi-bike policy as my insurances were due at different times.

I wanted to use the new Mackenzie Hodgson company, but they were not even slightly competitive on price.
    If you look at the small print Mackenzie-Hodgson insurance is just another name for Carole Nash insurance brokers, all policy's are set up,handled and administered by Carole Nash brokers on behalf of a 3rd party insurance company. Basically they have paid a couple of biker friendly faces to put their names to a new company that will attract bikers. End result is your now paying for the underwriters fee,the insurance company's fee, Carole Nash's brokers fee and Mackenzie-hodgsons brokers fee.

I'm with Bennets for for over 2 years now. No complains, but didn't had any claim. They are reasonably cheap (I was able to find better deals on Comparethemarket). But they allowing a lot of mods as standard include in price. My previous Kawasaki had not stock exhaust, changed brake hoses, top box and 3rd party windscreen. No difference and when you check with them, all above is in standard policy.

Thanks all will be giving Bennetts a call later, did phone Bikesure today and somehow without to much trouble they reduced the cost by £48. Then asked do you want to proceed now, i said no will get a few more quotes first.
    Its one of my pet hates if they can reduce it when you call them, then why not just offer the best price to start with.....grrrrrr.....

Platinum Member
    Only thing I have found with bennetts is there fees seem quite high, £50 to cancel a policy and £32 for any other adjustment. I'm not sure how that compares with other company's though.

Thanks all will be giving Bennetts a call later, did phone Bikesure today and somehow without to much trouble they reduced the cost by £48. Then asked do you want to proceed now, i said no will get a few more quotes first.
    Its one of my pet hates if they can reduce it when you call them, then why not just offer the best price to start with.....grrrrrr.....
    They're shrewd , they get what they can ! I read a Which article 20 years ago that advised ringing a handful of insurers , knock 15-20% off the lowest quote and choose any one of them from your list and they would beat it .