Notices

Thread: VIN advice

Hybrid View

I wouldn't bother with the DVLA. It could be a can of worms and you'd possibly end up having to retrace the history in the States, as the statements made at import were maybe incorrect. Possibly it hung around in a bike shop in the States and was registered in 1988? You just need to be upfront and make sure that you tell anyone who buys it. Making a false statement when selling something is a problem.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugsyB View Post
    I wouldn't bother with the DVLA. It could be a can of worms and you'd possibly end up having to retrace the history in the States, as the statements made at import were maybe incorrect. Possibly it hung around in a bike shop in the States and was registered in 1988? You just need to be upfront and make sure that you tell anyone who buys it. Making a false statement when selling something is a problem.
    Yeah I did suspect the can of worms thing. You could well be right with it hanging around for a while in a shop actually as I used to work for Vauxhall 20+ years ago and some large dealers brought a 20-30 cars at a time to get a big discount and registered them as and when they sold them, should have thought of that myself but the worry monster was befuddling my brain 😀. Cheers.👍