Notices

Thread: Clubs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Clubs 
    Hi guys.

I'm riding on the bike long enough to know that this kind of questions in internet are hmm "ignorant", or even more stronger word could be used:-)
    However in my case it can be somehow forgiven I hope.
    I love ride with you guys, and I will definitely continue that. But I'm at that point when I started thinking about joining to some motorcycle club. More MC/ MCC than internet friends riding group.
    The biggest problem is that I'm foreigner and very quiet person, which definitely do not help make a lot of friends or contacts. Also 12 years in UK is not enough to know who and where ;-)
    Any suggestion or help will be very welcomed.
    Thanks

There also used to be a guy who posted on here a while back , They have their clubhouse at Norman Road in Swindon , but I don't think you can just ring them up and say you want to join

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/sho...dially-invited

Yeah. That's one of those which do not work like that :-)
    I was a full club member 20 years ago in Poland, and I know how all works there. I really do not expect much differences in UK, and that's my main problem. I do not go to every bike meeting where some clubs can be, and not try to be "best friend hanging around" all the time.
    If it work different way in UK please tell me now, maybe I was wrong for long time :-)

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    About 15 years ago I used to know a couple called Tracy and Simon who were both patched in at ogrimcc, great couple and I was very in lust with tracy . I was thinking about joining a patched club ago but after looking into it and seeing the politics involved and the club ALWAYS coming 1st etc it just seemed like the enjoying biking was just a tiny part of it with the rest just hassle and generally invasive to my every day life. Each to their own but not for me.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 15-02-18 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    About 15 years ago I used to know a couple called Tracy and Simon who were both patched in at ogrimcc, great couple and I was very in lust with tracy . I was thinking about joining a patched club ago but after looking into it and seeing the politics involved and the club ALWAYS coming 1st etc it just seemed like the enjoying biking was just a tiny part of it with the rest just hassle and generally invasive to my every day life. Each to their own but not for me.
    It's not really my bag . Riding around the countryside , drinking tea and eating cake is more my speed

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    It's not really my bag . Riding around the countryside , drinking tea and eating cake is more my speed
    me to.

I got your point guys. I will not know if I do not check myself. That's the one thing. Another is, I really do like ride with other bikers, but I don't know anyone near by. Most of you guys are based some distance from my place, which not help for quick call and spin around.
    I just telling you my point of view

You could try Swindon Bikers and Cotswolds Bikers.
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.

Swindon bikers are Facebook group. No idea about Cotswolds. I'm moved recently closer to Oxford rather than Swindon. And I'll stay here for longer time as we bought house
    Thanks I'll check Cotswolds Bikers maybe as well.