Notices
 

Thread: Best £2 iv spent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. Best £2 iv spent. 
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Upavon
    Posts
    659
    Iv just bled my brakes on my own in less than 2 minutes with this little bleed tool. I'm sure it's not a new invention but it was to me so may be to someone else on here. It's just a bit of pipe with a 1 way valve on it, stick it on your nipple (ooer mrs) undo half a turn then pump your brake lever a couple of times, do up, job done. Best £2 ever spent.

     
     

  2.  
    #2
    Platinum Member Burbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brizzle
    Posts
    1,493
    £ 2 ?????

    Where ???
    I only have one vice…I lie.
     
     

  3.  
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Upavon
    Posts
    659
    On eBay, its now £2.99 but still worth every penny.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycl...72.m2749.l2649
     
     

  4.  
    #4
    Diamond Member Wes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,772
    I went to Halfords and they do a tidy kit for around £6, comes complete with a collector bottle, and the non return valve is housed inside of this. Ive done quite a few now with no problems
     
     

  5.  
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Upavon
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    I went to Halfords and they do a tidy kit for around £6, comes complete with a collector bottle, and the non return valve is housed inside of this. Ive done quite a few now with no problems
    The valve is a godsend, certainly makes life easier.
     
     

  6.  
    #6
    Platinum Member Burbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brizzle
    Posts
    1,493
    These are a helluva lot more in lots of places.

    Mine's en route.
    I only have one vice…I lie.
     
     

  7.  
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Upavon
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    These are a helluva lot more in lots of places.

    Mine's en route.
    i was expecting it to be plastic and cr@p but took a gamble, it's actually made from good quality metal. I reckon you'll be pleased with it.
     
     

  8.  
    #8
    Senior Member WR6133's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Tidworth
    Posts
    854
    If you need replacement piping (the plastic goes crap after a while), any aquarium place sells it cheap by the metre
     
     

  9.  
    #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Upavon
    Posts
    659
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    If you need replacement piping (the plastic goes crap after a while), any aquarium place sells it cheap by the metre
    cheers for the heads up, the good old NHS supples me with metres of it though as I have to regularly go on pure Oxigen due to an illness, can only use it for a week then it needs changing so I keep it for use in the garage. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that
     
     

  10.  
    #10
    Administrator BB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Wilts
    Posts
    9,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    cheers for the heads up, the good old NHS supples me with metres of it though as I have to regularly go on pure Oxigen due to an illness, can only use it for a week then it needs changing so I keep it for use in the garage. Every cloud has a silver lining and all that
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”
     
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •