Notices

Thread: Supermoto?

Hybrid View

1. Supermoto? 
    I quite fancy a supermoto type machine, you know the sort of thing, big single, road orientated mx style. The sort of thing you can jump on and have an hours fun when time allows.......Before I confuse myself on google, anyone got any pointers on what to avoid? Ta!

Any thing italian 😀

Quote Originally Posted by jaagsxr View Post
    Any thing italian ��
    daft reply, Aprilia SXV450 or 550 are very competitive in supermoto races , if you want pure power Honda CR500 2 stroke and something that handles well CR500 motor in CRF450 or KTM 450 frames, I know as we have built them, if you want grunt and reasonable price Husky 510 4 stroke, Ive had 2, or even a KTM 450 standard is good.
    what you have to remember is, if its race spec or special , chances are they are high maintainance, for a reason, they are good. if on a budget get something like a DR or DRZ and play yourself, stomp pegs, carbon wheels, uprate suspension and make it to your taste. bascally, anything mx can be converted.
    if its Japanese or off the shelf SM then its done by the finance dept so on a budget and could do with tweaking.

oh, buy a spare set of wheels, slick grippy road on one set a dirt on the other
    Last edited by wheelers; 27-01-18 at 09:16 AM.

Chatterbox
    Probably not much help to you handyandy.

But I'd love on of these

Nuda.jpg
    Everything else is shyte

Platinum Member
    Yam XT660 is where most people i know throw their money, when they want a supermoto, more info online than i could offer.

Thanks for the input guys - very astute Mitch912B, just picked up a XT660X for a reasonable price and its a blast! Not gonna win any races but then again I'm no (insert name of racer here....)!!

just check out one of my previous posts on the XTX regarding front wheel clamp, just in case its a fault.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelers View Post
    just check out one of my previous posts on the XTX regarding front wheel clamp, just in case its a fault.
    Just searched for the post with no result - have you got a link to the thread?