Notices
 

Thread: Tool chest advice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. Tool chest advice 
    #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nr Amesbury
    Posts
    224
    Anyone here had any experience with the Halfords professional tool chests?( http://www.halfords.com/workshop-too...7-drawer-chest ). I'm looking for a decent chest but not willing to sell a kidney to afford a snap on. I know the Halfords advanced tools are good as iv got them but no experience of the professional chest quality. Cheers for any advice.
     
     

  2.  
    #2
    Senior Member Burbler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brizzle
    Posts
    992
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Anyone here had any experience with the Halfords professional tool chests?( http://www.halfords.com/workshop-too...7-drawer-chest ). I'm looking for a decent chest but not willing to sell a kidney to afford a snap on. I know the Halfords advanced tools are good as iv got them but no experience of the professional chest quality. Cheers for any advice.
    Not personally. I have an eclectic mix of all sorts. However, have heard many excellent reviews of these, and no negatives. Life time guarantee with no questions asked.
    I only have one vice…I lie.
     
     

  3.  
    #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nr Amesbury
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    Life time guarantee with no questions asked.
    That's what's attracting me. The advanced tools in my opinion are every bit as good as snap on and the life time guarantee backs that up, I'm hoping the tool chest is the same. I think il just order it and be done with it, I love buying new tools, it's abit like getting a new toy when I was a kid
     
     

  4.  
    #4
    Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,728
    So that's £199 for both cabinets ?

    Bargain
    Everything else is shyte
     
     

  5.  
    #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nr Amesbury
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    So that's £199 for both cabinets ?Bargain
    That's what I thought, then that annoying voice in my head starts saying "what's the catch then" . Anyway iv ordered them and if there crap they can go back. Should be here by the end of the week
     
     

  6.  
    #6
    Diamond Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    That's what I thought, then that annoying voice in my head starts saying "what's the catch then" . Anyway iv ordered them and if there crap they can go back. Should be here by the end of the week
    Cool,

    Let us know how you find them.

    I'm eyeing one up too.
    Everything else is shyte
     
     

  7.  
    #7
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nr Amesbury
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Cool, Let us know how you find them.I'm eyeing one up too.
    Will do mate.
     
     

  8.  
    #8
    Diamond Member Wes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    2,652
    Homebase have got a really decent selection in at the moment, plus you can have a proper look at them as they're set up. Machine mart are pretty good as well
     
     

  9.  
    #9
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Nr Amesbury
    Posts
    224
    My new tool chests have arrived and are really good quality, iv got an old snap on one and can't say there's a lot of difference in the quality,time will tell if it's just because there new. I actually got an even bigger bargain as after unwrapping them I noticed a dent on the back of one so got on the phone to complain and was instantly offered a £50 refund which iv spent on 3 of the modular tool sets on the 3 for the price of 2 deal. Happy days.I'm happy to recommend the chests and Halfords customer service.
     
     

  10.  
    #10
    Administrator BB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Wilts
    Posts
    8,920
    Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    My new tool chests have arrived and are really good quality, iv got an old snap on one and can't say there's a lot of difference in the quality,time will tell if it's just because there new. I actually got an even bigger bargain as after unwrapping them I noticed a dent on the back of one so got on the phone to complain and was instantly offered a £50 refund which iv spent on 3 of the modular tool sets on the 3 for the price of 2 deal. Happy days.I'm happy to recommend the chests and Halfords customer service.
    ^^^Result^^^
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”
     
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •