Notices

Thread: Tyre recommendation

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Tyre recommendation 
    So, where does everyone go to get their tyres balanced and what make do you have in rear tyre??

I’m in need of replacing back tyre but don’t know where I can get it changed over.. fitting it back on I’m fine for.

Melksham Tyres fit and balance, Carsons in Melksham are now Wiltshire Tyres, but not been in since change.
    there are a few deals around for pairs which make the fronts around £30. fitting and balancing extra.
    I can find pairs from places like M&P or other places on line cheaper than I can buy trade.
    what bike? what make of front are you sticking with?

Quote Originally Posted by wheelers View Post
    Melksham Tyres fit and balance, Carsons in Melksham are now Wiltshire Tyres, but not been in since change.there are a few deals around for pairs which make the fronts around £30. fitting and balancing extra.I can find pairs from places like M&P or other places on line cheaper than I can buy trade.what bike? what make of front are you sticking with?
    I usually use Carsons and turned up to see they are now Wiltshire Tyres. They supplied and fitted a Pirelli to a loose rear wheel from my VFR800, after a serious puncture. I left the wheel and HM The Wife collected it the next day as they had to get the tyre delivered to them. No dramas, no damage to the wheel, no vibrations from imbalance, happily lifted wheel into the boot of her car. Reasonable price too. Can only recommend after my limited experience.

Melksham Tyres fit and balance, Carsons in Melksham are now Wiltshire Tyres, but not been in since change.
    there are a few deals around for pairs which make the fronts around £30. fitting and balancing extra.
    I can find pairs from places like M&P or other places on line cheaper than I can buy trade.
    what bike? what make of front are you sticking with?
    I have a Honda cbf 125 with continentals so they need doing

I get email shots from MPS, as do many bikers. They do offers of either pairs or single tyres at very competitive prices. I was going to say 'cheap' but no decent superbike tyre is that. They do free delivery. Tyre depots that do bikes will fit to loose rims for £15 a tyre. You are still quids in compared with general pricing. I'm sure others as well as MPS do these Mail Order deals.

I have Continentals on the road bike, just keep the same manufacturer as you have on the front, or if your not happy with it, change them as a pair. I do my own fitting and balancing.

Platinum Member
    I brought a tyre from eBay last year, to be fair it WAS a new tyre as in it'd never been fitted on a bike but when I date checked it it was a 2002 tyre. not ideal. I now check the age of tyres before buying, online and in person.

around £56 delivered plus fitting

Platinum Member
    around £56 delivered plus fitting
    Don't get used to these prices if your planning on getting a big bike though, I put a set of Bridgestones on my triumph last month, £280 fitted, my wallets still in shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Don't get used to these prices if your planning on getting a big bike though, I put a set of Bridgestones on my triumph last month, £280 fitted, my wallets still in shock.
    I went with Pirelli's angle city front and rear for £175.98 (to be precise) which includes new valves, balancing and fitting for me. As they like to call it, ride in ride out... Wiltshire Tyres are actually pretty good so far.. Told me they would definitely be delivered Tuesday but i arranged Saturday to have them fitted as during next week i am at work. I got a call today to say they were there already (one day after ordering them) and i could go in a week early to get them fitted. Pretty pleased so far.