Notices

Thread: Advice and help needed.

Threaded View

Platinum Member
    As a compromise could you not do your licence but rather than jump on the sv after passing stick to the 125 or as BB said get a 250 (lots of fun) for a while after passing? However that said personally I jumped on a cbr1000 an hour after I passed and thought that was easier to ride than my 125 as it was so stable, you also have more road presence on a larger bike which gives you confidence. I completely agree with BB with reference to getting training from a professional trainer, your dad is no doubt a great rider with a lot of sound advice but a lot of the training involves being shown how to pass the test not how to be a good rider. As for your step mum worrying I'm afraid to a certain extent that's something you are going to have to live with and ignore, if the families of any biker was 100% honest everyone of them would tell you they worry every time their loved ones get on their bike and do so until they get home, deep down bikers are selfish b@st@rds as their need to ride outweighs their families piece of mind,they may not know it but it's a fact (in my opinion). All 3 of your "offs" seem to have been at low speed with other things attracting your attention/not noticing road conditions which tells me you need to focus your attention when riding. Driving a car/van/lorry is easy and mostly can be done with 50% attention to your surroundings (although not advised) as people see you, however riding a bike demands 100% of your attention all the time as your invisible. When I ride I ride with the mindset that every other road-user is trying to murder my ass (even pheasants now ). You can not underestimate the importance of paying attention to the changing road surface/gravel/wet/dry/traffic/wildlife etc. Don't feel you have to rush things, statistically you have a lot of time left (Christ I sound like an old fart).
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 22-12-17 at 10:45 PM.