Compromise, do your test but take more training, not just from your Dad but also from a professional trainer. Not dissing Dad in any way but 3rd party training will probably ease Step Mums mind as she may feel your Dad is too easy on you. Not saying he is, just maybe a perception.Always pay attention to what you are doing while on the bike, road surfaces, road users, weather etc etc. Concentrate, concentrate, concentrate until you could do it with your eyes shut - but please don't!! Don't diss the amount of fun to be had on smaller cc bikes. OK, can be boring on the bypass but so much fun down the back roads. I've toured out to the Czech republic on an old 350cc bike. Great fun. May be worth negotiating with step mum to have a 250/350 cc for a year or so, then you can take your licence but don't appear to be jumping on a huge (to her) machine. Sounds to me like she cares and worries about you so go easy on her. I've had everything from 100cc to 1000cc over the years. Recently got an SV myself and on 3rd outing, stalled, put the wrong boot down and toppled over on the junction nearest my house. Broke a lever not to mention huge dent in my ego and I've been riding for 35 years!! Doh. My partner and his triple fell over on the drive and broke a lever only the month before. We have all done it! So, I suggest taking your test when you can or want to. Don't worry about cc it's about skill and confidence. Don't move to something bigger than you are happy with until you are ready. Finally just relax and have fun that's what it's all aboutBB