So, where do i start... I've been riding a Honda CBF125 for coming up a year. In April i can go up to a 35kw bike as you full well know, that's a 600-650cc bike with throttle restriction. In this first year of me riding, i have came off 3 times...1) i didn't straighten myself properly after a roundabout because i was staring at other bikes 2) it was the first time it had rained in a while and i was on loose gravel at a T-junction in chippenham, i came off and ended up with binding breaks and last but not least 3) i was coming to a stop on mud, stupidly applied my front and rear break and more so dropped the bike (bending my front handle bars) than actually crashing it. SO! you're probably sat there like 'will she get to the point already!'. I have an SV650s waiting in my dads garage for my ass to be sat upon it for some time now. However my beloved step mum has said she's like to see me on my 125 for a year and not come off before i handle a larger engine. i spoke to my father tonight raising that in April i'll have to do my A2 license anyway as if i don't do it, i wont be able to go to any powered bike at the age of 21... id then have to wait till 24. My point being, if i pass my modular one and two on a larger engine, why cant i go on one from the point i pass...My step mum said i evidently made up my mind up regardless of my family's suggestion of me sticking to my 125 for another year, in which she continued with, i could do as i want as i evidently wasn't going to listen. However, i'm now left with mixed feelings as to whether i should go onto a larger bike; being more expensive yet fun and thrilling, meaning myself and my dad can finally go on tours together and ride round isle of man. however, making my family worry more and leaving myself questioning if its the right choice or not. Or i stick to my 125 for another year; prove i'm a safe rider, be sick to death of not having any power what so ever and fear i loose my passion for bikes because ill worry my thin tires will follow small ruts or dips in the road causing my back tire to loose traction. ultimately leaving me worried every time i go round roundabouts or sharp bends. My dad is a very experienced rider as he has been riding since before i was born and was a police motorcyclist.. He has shared his lessons and tricks with me. Hes even said that i'm a good rider but still have lots to learn.I'm now reaching out to all you experienced riders to see what you advise me to do and what you've experienced throughout your year or years of riding.