Notices

Thread: I'm gonna need a bigger garage...

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Not keen , sports , bobber , street , cruiser , flat tracker type scrambler thingy .......... it looks a bit confused about what it is . After seeing a couple of short documentaries and a feature on Jay Leno's Garage , I got the impression that Gard Hollinger , a fairly renowned and accomplished designer/builder has gone into business with Keanu Reeves who's more of a sleeping Partner and brings a big name , big brand and huge financial backing to the project , occasionally turns up thinking he can design and build bikes , and sticks a spanner in his partners creative flair .

Could just be me , but the overall appearance of the finished article seems to support that theory . Bit of an Omelette I reckon !

Chatterbox
    Everything else is shyte

Chatterbox
    Everything else is shyte

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Now this is a thing of beauty!

Did you see the photos of the KTM 790 Concept bike out in late 2016? It looked awesome, but the finished article has elicited a bit of grumbling on the SuperDuke forum (and no doubt all the other KTM fora) because the original radical concept appeared to have been watered down a bit... That's life unfortunately, once the concept is approved the Engineers are under the thumb of the accountants to make it affordable, and the vehicle type approval mob to ensure that it has all the requisite lights, mirrors, indicators, number plate mount etc. and the result is invariably a bit diluted from the original.
    Concept bikes are high-quality shed builds basically, and if you want something that radical you'll probably have to build it yourself. I can imagine the response had KTM just stuck lights on the concept bike to sell them on the road... "It looks fantastic, but you want 25 grand for one???" That's what hand-built specials start at basically. To make things affordable they have to start looking towards the more budget end of the supply chain. The 790 will probably be priced at the top end of the middleweight twin class, it'll cost more than an MT-07, but will be far more exclusive with it, and turn a lot more heads. It'll be interesting to see the multi-bike tests to see how it stacks up against the others in the bracket.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Yeah , very different to the off the shelf model , but they've managed to keep the price down to around the £8000 mark .

Quote Originally Posted by Last Train View Post
    Definitely a different look. Quite like that

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    Yeah , very different to the off the shelf model , but they've managed to keep the price down to around the £8000 mark .

Thought it was a 125 when i first looked at it...

Al Fagan from 44Teeth gave it a bit of a test and said it felt fairly small , he is a bit of a big lad mind .

Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post

Yep. I would
    Everything else is shyte