Notices

Thread: Throttle cable woes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    One of my other throttle incidents occurred in 3 lanes of traffic in the middle of Bristol. Was on a left hand bend when the whole throttle tube and grip came completely off the handlebar, still attached to the cable. Now I have no brake, no throttle and am in the middle of vehicles both sides, behind and in front.

Not nice.
    Exciting moment!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    One of my other throttle incidents occurred in 3 lanes of traffic in the middle of Bristol. Was on a left hand bend when the whole throttle tube and grip came completely off the handlebar, still attached to the cable. Now I have no brake, no throttle and am in the middle of vehicles both sides, behind and in front.

Not nice.
    but quite exciting I'd imagine

Platinum Member
    Had time to strip the cx down today and rather strangely the cable has snapped about midway along the length of the cable, Iv had cables go before but it's always been the nipple detatched from either end.
    It's a right bugger to get to the carb end of the cable and looking at the manual it says to remove the carbs which isn't an option I relished, so after sitting and having a coffee and staring at the bike for 10 mins I decided that removing the top engine mount looked easier, sure enough with the mount removed it took 2 mins to fit. Moral of the day: manuals aren't always worth the paper there printed on.