Notices

Thread: Throttle cable woes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    One of my other throttle incidents occurred in 3 lanes of traffic in the middle of Bristol. Was on a left hand bend when the whole throttle tube and grip came completely off the handlebar, still attached to the cable. Now I have no brake, no throttle and am in the middle of vehicles both sides, behind and in front.

Not nice.
    but quite exciting I'd imagine

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    I fell off my Serow first day trail riding in Isle of Man. Snapped the throttle cable connector off the handlebars but cable was ok. Bloke road up the trail behind me and had some cable ties, tied the end of the cable to the twist grip nice & neatly and I continued riding for the rest of the holiday quite happily - in fact for many months afterwards! Moral - Never go out without a cable tie or two
    i had cable ties and gaffer tape in my top box, the one left on my bench at home lol.

My favourite...

A girlie friend had an old Citroen diesel car. I was using it when the throttle pedal assembly removed itself from the floor of the car.

I attached the dog's lead to the cable and adjusted the length to just reach the steering wheel. Now I had a hand throttle much like a flappy-paddle and drove it like this for several weeks.

Don't think it would pass an MoT though.
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.