Notices

Thread: Welsh Road Race (WRR)

1. Welsh Road Race (WRR) 
    August 2018 will see the new Welsh version of the TT races near Builth Wells.

https://www.welshroadrace.com
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Yes, may well have a mosey over there. Although talking to them on their stand at Motorcycle Live yesterday they didn't seem 100% sure what was happening themselves just yet!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    they didn't seem 100% sure what was happening themselves just yet!

They are selling tickets !!!

Looks great, be well up for going to this, about time we had a decent road racing event over here, hopefully might lead to bigger and better events.

Quote Originally Posted by Burbler View Post
    They are selling tickets !!!
    Oh yes, but still didn't seem sure how or if you could move between viewing locations while roads closed and exactly what was going to be where
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

BAD NEWS.....

Published: Yesterday 16:50

The all-new Welsh Road Race event set to take place in the Brecon Beacons later this year has run into difficulty and looks set to be called off.
    MCN understands the Auto Cycle Union (ACU) has been unable to sanction the event, but their reasons for doing so are not known at this stage.
    The event was due to take place between 3rd-5th August this year on a 5.25 mile circuit held over public roads.
    The project was the brainchild of Derek Smith (Chariman of Aberdare Park and General Secretary of the East South Wales ACU) and Phil Morris (Businessman, team manager and owner of Owestry Road Racing Museum). Former BSB and TT race winner Steve Plater was also heavily involved in the project.
    When news of the event broke at the Motorcycle Live show last November, it was very well received despite some claims made by organisers being brought into dispute. Early press information claimed 23-time TT winner John McGuinness had expressed an interest in racing in the event, but it was later revealed that this was not the case. Similarly, claims that ACU General Secretary and Isle of Man TT Clerk of the Course Gary Thompson was set to take on a similar role for the Welsh race were also dismissed.
    Since November, organisers have been selling tickets for the event online. That ticket page has recently been suspended, citing a ‘temporary fault’ with the ticketing system.

I'm led to believe that this has now been postponed to 2019