Notices

Thread: looking for recommendations

1. looking for recommendations 
    I have a mostly white and black leather jacket which i am now finding a pain to keep the white clean. Anyone have any recommendations on leather cleaner or something that will help make my white look white again rather than it looking like its been dragged through the mud?

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loopylibby View Post
    I have a mostly white and black leather jacket which i am now finding a pain to keep the white clean. Anyone have any recommendations on leather cleaner or something that will help make my white look white again rather than it looking like its been dragged through the mud?
    Normally I give my leathers a quick wipe over with baby wet wipes once a week and if there really bad I give them a clean with car leather seat cleaner (£4.99 a bottle). I'm not saying that's the best way and no doubt it's not overly good for the leathers but I like to change them every couple of years anyway.

Never buy white bike gear if you like looking clean.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 17-10-17 at 07:56 PM.

Keep it nice and cheap and simple . Spontex non scratch sponge scourer (The white ones) warm water and a drop of washing up liquid , using light linear strokes , when it's dry wipe it down with a bit of old T-shirt dabbed in olive oil . It's always been good enough and I'm still wearing the same leather jacket nearly 25 years later

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    Keep it nice and cheap and simple . Spontex non scratch sponge scourer (The white ones) warm water and a drop of washing up liquid , using light linear strokes , when it's dry wipe it down with a bit of old T-shirt dabbed in olive oil . It's always been good enough and I'm still wearing the same leather jacket nearly 25 years later
    Thanks for the heads up! i shall give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Normally I give my leathers a quick wipe over with baby wet wipes once a week and if there really bad I give them a clean with car leather seat cleaner (£4.99 a bottle). I'm not saying that's the best way and no doubt it's not overly good for the leathers but I like to change them every couple of years anyway.

Never buy white bike gear if you like looking clean.
    Thanks... Funny enough, i didn't buy the jacket.. Went shopping with a now Ex boyfriend for birthday presents, tried on a few jackets and it ended up that the jacket he bought was mainly white and black but hey ho. Its all worth it when you match your bike head to toe.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Cool View Post
    It's always been good enough and I'm still wearing the same leather jacket nearly 25 years later
    Oh, and I've always thought the funny aroma was coming from your bike.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Saddle soap is good for leather .... especially on horses ...... car leather cleaner and conditioner, also ..... Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!