Notices

Thread: Report mud on the road etc

Threaded View

1. Report mud on the road etc 
    Hi,

I came off at a pretty low speed on a fairly minor road today - absolutely covered in mud. Low speed but a fair amount of damage. While I waited for recovery (1.5 hours) a cyclist stopped to say he'd come off the night before and just as my bike was strapped up to a trailer another bike had a spill in the same bit of mud (same for him - basically okay but lots of minor damage) . My bill (Blade, Swindon as I wasn't sure where to go at the time but may regret going to a dealership if I end up paying the whole lot!) came out about £1500 (estimate obvs).

So.....

I've rung the police about a dangerous road, they were sympathetically disinterested and forwarded me on to Wiltshire council who recorded the incident and are going to send me a claims pack. Blade were talking bout sueing the farmer which strikes me as a bit more tricky...

Any advice for a next step?

By the way the road was very minor between Dauntsy and Little Somerford near a place called Loaded Gunn racing. I don't know if it's worth posting a warning on here, seems a bit pointless as it's been reported now but if I'm being a lazy selfish piece of s**t as usual let me know and I'll post a warning somewhere!
    Last edited by gringogordo; 12-10-17 at 03:07 PM.