Notices

Thread: New Welsh (re-scheduled) ride 16/9

1. New Welsh (re-scheduled) ride 16/9 
    Brilliant weather, lots of warm sunny intervals but a little windy at times.

All was going to plan until we lost poor Lucas at a major roundabout. We find out later that whilst trying to find us, he also had a terminal mechanical.

The whole group pulled together, markers doing their duty and others regrouping and then waiting a while for me. I had gone off in search of what I thought was an 'off' but eventually got back to the rest.

Lunch was brilliant and the route diverse and interesting. Will do again. I cut this one several miles short and abandoned the second leg-stretch as we were running late and some peeps had a long way to go from the bridge.

All in all a successful jaunt, lessons learned, relationships made...here's to the next one.

Thanks all, especially LT for leading from Trowbridge and back-marking the main ride.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Was good. But I think the last stretch of twisties just before the M48 at the end was very enjoyable; don't cut that!

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by fragglepete View Post
    Was good. But I think the last stretch of twisties just before the M48 at the end was very enjoyable; don't cut that!

Pete
    That bit has been used by bikers for ages, some travelling at more than 29 mph. Locals campaigned and complained and, eventually, the council double-white lined the southern end and instituted a 40 mph limit about 18 months ago.

One car doing 25 and braking in every corner will cause a massive tailback.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Platinum Member
    There was some amazing views and some great roads. I even had a rather nice looking young lady stop to ask if I was ok whilst waiting on the hard shoulder/gully during the "exciting" getting split up moment . I'm guessing a lot of time and planning goes into jounts like yestaday so thank you Larry and anyone else that's involved in the build up.