Notices

Thread: Thank you all for the support and help

1. Thank you all for the support and help 
    So on Sunday 3rd September, i came off my motorbike after coming out of a T junction in Chippenham, luckily i managed to just scrape away with bruises and a small road rash; and a nice hole in my brand new jeans... I posted on here to ask for advice and help of the best people to go to for repair etc etc. So many of you commented wishing me well and hoped i get my bike on the road asap. The comments were very warming and meant a lot to me. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the support you all gave me. Especially after a couple of you offered to come take a look at my bike.

I luckily found a guy from 'In Gear Motorcycles' in Corsham who came and assessed my bike, said it was an easy fix and could mend it for me. He came and collected my bike for £45 and came within the hour. He mended my issues i told him about and he went an extra mile by spraying some of the areas that had been scraped badly, repainted and polished some parts back up for me. I can honestly say i will definitely go back to this guy. If anyone else has any issues with your bikes and are near Corsham, i really recommend him.

His details are:
    07811 963057
    springfield, bradford road, corsham, wiltshire, sn12 onz.

But really i just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all! You all made me feel so much better after what happened.

Platinum Member
    Right someones got to do it so il be mr sensible. (Makes a change)
    Invest in a pair of proper bike trousers. Don't have to be leather, i mainly ride in jeans, but they are Kevlar lined and will do a good job of protecting you. You are hard pushed to tell they aren't just a normal pair of jeans. They range in price from £40 to upwards of £200 so there's a pair for most budgets.

Now take notice or ignore that advice, its up to you my job is done.................swishes cape and retreats into the darkness.

Glad its all sorted

Thanks, i do own full motorbike gear (head to toe), it just happened that i stupidly went out in average jeans thinking a 20 minute ride wont do any damage. Turns out Karma's a bitch and decided to remind me of what happens when i wear jeans on my motorbike. I was looking at a good pair of Kevlar jeans however money is tight and i have a perfectly good set of canvas and leathers i can wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Loopylibby View Post
    I was looking at a good pair of Kevlar jeans however money is tight
    I regularly wear and have crashed in Forceriders kevlar jeans from eBay. They are decent and pretty cheap if budget is tight ( link to mens same seller does ladies http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-motor...ELa6zfrPwbC6Gw ). Only downside is they fade a bit quicker than my pricier ones.

Hornee jeans can also be found cheap on eBay my Mrs likes them as apparently the cut is feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    I regularly wear and have crashed in Forceriders kevlar jeans from eBay. They are decent and pretty cheap if budget is tight ( link to mens same seller does ladies http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-motor...ELa6zfrPwbC6Gw ). Only downside is they fade a bit quicker than my pricier ones.

Hornee jeans can also be found cheap on eBay my Mrs likes them as apparently the cut is feminine.

Thanks for the heads up on the jeans!! when the next paycheck comes in and i have enough to splash out, i might grab myself a pair.