Notices

Thread: Zzr1100 shaking its head.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    Thanks for all the great ideas/advice. I'm working on it being binding brakes or the antique tyres. So before I do to much I'm going to replace the tyres and strip the calipers down for a good clean.(bikes done less than a thousand miles since 2006 so they no doubt need it).

Im also fitting an anti voodoo device just in case.
    Fingers crossed.

most has been covered, you have old tyres probably time to change the rear. been sat a while on it may have distorted casing, low mileage for year.
    wheel bearings, swing arm linkage bearings, head bearings. don't forget sprocket carrier bearing.
    buckled rim or discs. centrifugal forces unbalance; borrow a dial indicator and base.
    sticking pads, wheels in line
    correct quantity and weight of fork oil, could be fork bushing.. you wont know any of this unless stripped
    if all ok, heavier bar weights might help

Quote Originally Posted by Badgerroy View Post
    Im also fitting an anti voodoo device just in case.
    Fingers crossed.
    Let me know where you get yours from, the last one I tried isn't working 100% on my Enfield

Platinum Member
    Well I spent a lovely few hours up to me ear oles in 20 odd year old brake calliper grime today. Out of the 8 pistons on the 2 calipers 5 were seized solid and the other 3 were sticking. Took me almost an hour to remove one of the caliper pins. However patience and brake cleaner won and now iv 8 working pistons and lovely responsive brakes. The shakeing head is 80% better but can't say I trust the bike completely yet. I'm almost certain new tyres will remedy the other 20%.

Well I spent a lovely few hours up to me ear oles in 20 odd year old brake calliper grime today. Out of the 8 pistons on the 2 calipers 5 were seized solid and the other 3 were sticking. Took me almost an hour to remove one of the caliper pins. However patience and brake cleaner won and now iv 8 working pistons and lovely responsive brakes. The shakeing head is 80% better but can't say I trust the bike completely yet. I'm almost certain new tyres will remedy the other 20%.
    Good news ! Keep us posted .

Platinum Member
    Will do and thanks for the advice and ideas. A drink is owed 👍

Will do and thanks for the advice and ideas. A drink is owed 

Magic our Maurice. I had similar removing a 13 year old centre stand, but that was just filth, not seized. Getting the exhaust off was several days.

New boots will. hopefully, sort it now.
    I only have one viceā€¦I lie.