Notices

Thread: Luigi Moto aaaaaah... humped off

1. Luigi Moto aaaaaah... humped off 
    Rang to say they sheared a spark plug off in the head whilst removing it. Message on answer machine said the bike is badly corroded and as it's not washed!!! It's 2 years old, washed cleaned and dried and not ridden on salty roads..... then said that the garage who serviced it last over tightened the plugs !!! But it's it's first service proper service save an oil change at 7k ! 15k Ducati MTS.. 08/08 read my update below.... they did a great job!
    Last edited by shiftyblake; 08-08-17 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Update

Ah, not good news. What are they doing about it?
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

ouch, normally not a problem on a newish bike. and for them a big problem.
    Ive just had a Honda Magna 750 in 1982, and so much corrosion and dirt could well have been there a long time, I had 2 stuck plugs out of the four and had to use plenty of release fluid and warmed the motor up and took carefully back and forward over a couple of days. I was lucky the bike was in for a lot of work so I had the time.

Should I have to pay for it?

Quote Originally Posted by shiftyblake View Post
    Should I have to pay for it?

No, you shouldn't. They busted it so they should fix it FOC.

Platinum Member
    They did something very wrong without doubt in my mind. your bikes 2 years old and the spark plug was so tight it sheared of, iv got a 1983 honda vf750 magna and it was in a shed untouched for over 25 years, iv got no mechanical training other than I know what a plug spanner is for but I managed with abit of patience,wd40 and abit of diesel to remove 4 plugs that had been untouched for 25 years plus.
    to my mind a trained mechanic should be able to coax a stuck plug out with out it breaking, even more so one that's only been in a while.

That said convincing the garage that its there cock up and up to them to fix it may prove harder than juggling jelly.

Update! They stripped the bike back and spent over two days on it. Brake calliper seized and no lubrication or greases to be seen anywhere, stripped forks etc. Only thing left on frame was bottom half of engine. The bike was hanging and they built it back up. It was Riders demo for 14 months and had been uncared for and left in the rain. Oils were extremely old too. The bike has been minted mechanically and after riding 500 miles on it it rides like a dream. I would take the bike back, he has a good reputation and was honest with me. £1,750 later.
    Would I recommend them... yes, would I buy a MTS again.. maybe not lol!!

I've known Rich for years and he's a top Mechanic and likeable bloke, shame he was a getting slated before some people new the facts.