Notices

Thread: Wiltshire wildlife hospital

Hybrid View

1. Wiltshire wildlife hospital 
    Platinum Member
    In no way bike related but a really worthwhile cause and a good family day out.

Sunday 30th july is the 2017 Wiltshire wildlife hospital summer Faye. This is a hugely important fundraising event for this small but really important local charity. Every penny raised is used to fund the care of injured and sick local wildlife.
    heres a link to the WWH Facebook page for further information. https://www.facebook.com/events/384822385252719/
    https://www.facebook.com/wiltshirewildlifehospital/

30th July 12-1600 at the newton tony memorial hall and grounds.

cheers all.

Platinum Member
    I can second this

Every penny they raise goes into looking after wildlife, every animal they rescue goes back into the wild

Over the last 12 years or so I have done volunteer work for them. Most of the work involves taxing animals around. I have done this on two and four wheels for them. Have transported all sorts of animals from birds of pray to black birds, hedgehogs to leverets

Also I get called out from time to time to rescue animals, usually birds. Common ones are swans in areas they cannot take off (I do not transport these on two wheels). Birds falling down chimneys. The list goes on.

I certainly have done some interesting rescues with them, and to top it off the couple who run the center are lovely

If anyone is interested in volunteer work please do it is very interesting work, I am more than happy to pass your info onto he hospital or if you fancy popping out on a rescue let me know. I am based from Chippenham so all rescues I do are in that area

Thanks Taff

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FJ_Biker View Post
    I can second this

Every penny they raise goes into looking after wildlife, every animal they rescue goes back into the wild

Over the last 12 years or so I have done volunteer work for them. Most of the work involves taxing animals around. I have done this on two and four wheels for them. Have transported all sorts of animals from birds of pray to black birds, hedgehogs to leverets

Also I get called out from time to time to rescue animals, usually birds. Common ones are swans in areas they cannot take off (I do not transport these on two wheels). Birds falling down chimneys. The list goes on.

I certainly have done some interesting rescues with them, and to top it off the couple who run the center are lovely

If anyone is interested in volunteer work please do it is very interesting work, I am more than happy to pass your info onto he hospital or if you fancy popping out on a rescue let me know. I am based from Chippenham so all rescues I do are in that area

Thanks Taff
    aahh so your the other 2 wheeled rescue rider. Marilyn and mike have both mentioned you, im glad I'm not the only one giving pillion rides to hedgehogs and birds . I'm sure we will bump into each other there at some point. Roy

Platinum Member
    It is a shame I did not make the fate this year

I will mention you when I next see Mike of Marlyn, you know what it is like I might get a call tomorrow or it might be months before I hear from them next

Take it easy and hope to bump into you soon