Notices

Thread: up to date MSVA info needed

1. up to date MSVA info needed 
    Got my trike booked in for msva test and £104 lighter
    I asked whether this inspection was in place of an mot and was told that I needed a mot on top of this inspection. Now I am a bit mutton and Jeff so may have misheard. Do I need a mot prior to the msva and does it have to pass first.? Or is the mot addition paperwork to get the initial V5 and does not matter which order I get them?
    Confused
    Ta in advance

Last edited by Toph; 12-07-17 at 08:39 PM.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

the MOT will let you tax and ride on the road along with insurance.
    the MSVA will prove the road worthiness of the vehicle which will allow an MOT, the MOT only covers a small part of the MSVA test, theory has it that it should be all that's needed but I suspect the MSVA is a bit like a house sign off by a council inspector, once signed off the builders can then paint and final fix, the house is then signed off by site foremans walk through.
    the MOT will allow production of a V5c after the vehicle has finally been finished,
    MSVA will probably remove panels to check welds and joints and couplings, making remarks if changes are needed.
    worse thing is finding an MOT station that can do trikes..

I have a local not station that does trikes, msva said mot before test are you saying afterwards or does it not matter

lucky you, we only have one in Melksham and Ive had trouble there in the past. one trike took 4 attempts , each time something different.
    Presumably if MSVA want it done that way, that is the way it has to be done, you don't want to upset them. presumably, they can double check standards of MOT centres that way but primarily as I said, the MSVA is more of a structural check