Notices

Thread: Cotswolds Ride - May 14

1. Cotswolds Ride - May 14 
    Well, it was 6 counties for me. Bristol, S, Glos, Wilts, Glos, Oxon and Warks. Jon, coming from WsM could add N. Som to give him 7 counties in the day.

19 went, lovely weather, nice lunch and a final coffee in Cirencester.

Thanks to Last Train for for being Duc d'Orange and all for efficient junction marking.

Special thanks to Jerr1 for looking after the unfortunate Mike, and to DC for retracing the route to find them and others who had been cunningly diverted.

I was absolutely shattered by the time I got home. Luckily I found a bottle of bubbly in the frij which did not last too long.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Thanks Larry, glad you enjoyed it as well, leading a ride is never easy.

It was good to ride some new roads for me and genuinely having no idea where I was when we stopped for lunch was a pleasant surprise. My sat nav sent me back to Salisbury 'the long way' (I'm guessing it's still set from previous owner with 'avoid motorways, dual carriageways, A roads and anything with traffic or toilet stops') which was fun but took me a bit longer than I hoped!

[QUOTE=Trev;47950 My sat nav sent me back to Salisbury 'the long way' (I'm guessing it's still set from previous owner with 'avoid motorways, dual carriageways, A roads and anything with traffic or toilet stops') which was fun but took me a bit longer than I hoped![/QUOTE]

Oh dear. Should have gone what my father called the Company Sergeant Major route...Cirencester, Swindon, Marlborough.
    I only have one vice…I lie.