Notices

Thread: Kawasaki dealer - recommendation

1. Kawasaki dealer - recommendation 
    Hi guys.

I'm thinking about bike change in the future (I mean later this year) and so far decided to look closer at Kawasaki :-)
    My question is, which Kawasaki dealer can you recommend?
    My past experience with Blade Honda is not great, and I heard that Kawasaki is not much difference. But maybe I'm wrong and all I heard is rumours only.
    I don't mind a bit more distance from home, in exchange for really good customer experience, however I would like to avoid travel to the other side of the country :-)
    So, please keep in mind a reasonable distances :-)

Thanks
    Arek

some people get good service with Fowlers, some don't.
    some do with Blade some don't.
    some with Frasers some don't..
    you get the pattern.

one will recommend, another two wont. its how you get on with them, years ago I always played Chequers against Taylors in Chippenham and Calne. sometimes I got a good price for trade in the next I got a pair of AGV helmets. BUT nowadays its not personal service , they are selling bikes for money in a dog eat dog world. Ive known people go to Swindon or Bristol for services , then come back to me because its not running right... remove tank and air filter not been changed, so a sure bet plugs weren't either.
    may be worth a local trip to test ride, when happy with a bike look further like Cradley or Corby for a better deal. you can always get servicing done locally by someone you trust. just my opinion!!

Quote Originally Posted by wheelers View Post
    may be worth a local trip to test ride, when happy with a bike look further like Cradley or Corby for a better deal. you can always get servicing done locally by someone you trust. just my opinion!!
    I agree with you. I know every each of us have different preferences and expectations.
    I can safety say if more people pointing negatives than positives, that usually mean your expectations probably will not be fulfilled.
    Of course like probably everybody this days I'm looking for the best deal/ price. However also I'm looking for professional service.

I mentioned that I had bad experience with Blade Honda in Abingdon. Few years ago I went there for checking Varadero 1000. I'm not particular tall. I'd say below average even :-) When I asked if I can sit on the bike and check it I heard "it's too big for you, you can't".
    That was the end of conversation really. Sales person wasn't even interested chat with me, or ask any questions. Have no idea what he thinking really.
    Yeah. I agree that bike is big, and probably I'm way too short for it in his eyes, but he didn't had any idea how my experience is and which bikes I had before....
    The end of the story was I bought Varadero from somewhere else but I came to Abingdon Honda many times on that bike for some parts, MOT and similar things.
    This salesman recognized me at the first time I arrived on my new bike and pretend that he not see me at all .... And he never later said a word to me.

Because of that story I'm asking fellow biker for recommendation. Don't want to face similar guy once again.
    BTW. I'm not thinking about Versys this time :-) I'm very interested in Z1000SX Touring as this is newer bigger brother of my Z750S.

Another recently opened dealer not too far from you is Greenham Kawasaki near Newbury. We went to their opening weekend recently when they had Liam Harlan and Luke Mossey (plus a couple of bored MCN bimbos freezing their tits off in their Lycra onesies) and it all appeared to be ok. It may well be worth a trip out to meet the them and see what sort of deal they are prepared to offer, and being a relatively new dealership they may be willing to do good deals to establish a reputation and customer base.
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Another recently opened dealer not too far from you is Greenham Kawasaki near Newbury. We went to their opening weekend recently when they had Liam Harlan and Luke Mossey (plus a couple of bored MCN bimbos freezing their tits off in their Lycra onesies) and it all appeared to be ok. It may well be worth a trip out to meet the them and see what sort of deal they are prepared to offer, and being a relatively new dealership they may be willing to do good deals to establish a reputation and customer base.
    Yeah! I'll be taking my Zed to this place next month for it's annual look at. I was impressed with this place and have visited twice and the staff seem to know what they are on about. The difference between this place and others is that this is NOT a dealership but is wholly owned and run by Kawasaki UK, so if you don't get a thorough service from them where can you get it from. Loan bikes available, collection and delivery also available I believe. Brand new building. Just a quick blast down the M4 as well for me. I'll report back on my findings. Just google Greenham Kawasaki for further details. And no, I have no connection with Greenham whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Been there last weekend. Nice looking one. Like gibbo mentioned it's owned and run by Kawasaki UK.
    Had very nice chat with one of the senior sales guy. I can say that he knew what he was talking about. Every technical question I had was answered promptly and looks like they had a really good training before.
    Of course it was also standard salesman talk as well. However he try cut the biggest usual crap over.
    Sometimes when I visited before other dealers I had impression that guys was bore to death selling bikes, and they give a sh...t about deep knowledge of the stuff they selling. So, this one was nice for a change.
    Deal wasn't great at that point, but I indicated from start that I'm not intend to buy it now.
    At this moment I have some base for poking around. Will visit other Kawasaki places as well. And will see what they have to offer.
    Thanks guys for tips.