Hi all,

So I got around to having a read through my owners manual for my Mash and got to chapter 4. Recommendations for fuel and engine oil, then I saw some big bold letters - Do not use fuel SP95 E10

I literally felt my blood go cold, because just yesterday I treated myself to some 97RON fuel at Tesco's.. I assumed that was what SP95 E10 was. I googled it as fast as my fingers could mash into the keyboard, hoping I was wrong.. and I was. Now I'm left with this horrible sick feeling.

the E10 fuel is a bio fuel containing 10% ethanol, a way to water the petrol down and help with emissions from drivers. (for those of you that are mechanically minded, you probably know all this already), what made me feel sick is that this is going to be rolled out in the near future in the UK, in fact it's been ongoing since 2013 and as of Jan 2017 some of the bigger fuel selling companies, that sell millions of litres every week will eventually be pressured into making the switch. They don't want to, because as far as I have researched there isn't really a financial gain doing so and in fact, most of them will have to upgrade the tanks and pumps on the forecourts, but their hands are tied and the switch is happening ...

Here is a link to the AA article, it's a bit dated but has some information on this new bio fuel. The horrible thing is, after speaking to the manufacturer they have told me in no uncertain terms to not run my bike on E10, due to its components and fabrication, it really should be kept away from Ethanol.

My question is, how likely will this full conversion realistically take? I mean do I have a 12 months left before my bike is essentially scrap on wheels?

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice...nment/biofuels