Notices

Thread: Hello from Salisbury!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by WR6133 View Post
    Hi, Bike looks really good. I had a couple of Chinese bikes, if you threadlock everything and liberally apply ACF50 they manage fine.

Is it Euro 4? I don't see any sign of ABS, so combined brakes?
    I'm not really sure what this is (sorry have only been biking for 3 weeks) I have a can of Muck Off and chain lube to keep that nice and tidy, I dont have a garage so I have it chained up on my drive under a bike cover when not in use - I keep it as clean as I can and use polish and chrome polish for the metal. Other than that, I'm not really sure how to keep it well looked after, so any advice, pointers or practical sessions would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know what you mean by Euro 4, I know the bikes are either French owned and built in China, or they are Chinese owned and built in France, I can't really find a huge amount out about the company..

It's doesn't have ABS, but is disks front and back. Speedo is in KPH which is mildly annoying because it's hard to see the MPH numbers or do the math when I need to be concentrating ahead and around me.. But I have no cticisms of the bike really, but then I have never owned any other bikes, or really tested anything else to know if what I have is 'good'.

Although I try to avoid the cliche, it does exactly what it says on the tin and I love it!
    “The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”

Quote Originally Posted by Primeval View Post
    I'm not really sure what this is (sorry have only been biking for 3 weeks) I have a can of Muck Off and chain lube to keep that nice and tidy, I dont have a garage so I have it chained up on my drive under a bike cover when not in use - I keep it as clean as I can and use polish and chrome polish for the metal. Other than that, I'm not really sure how to keep it well looked after, so any advice, pointers or practical sessions would be greatly appreciated!
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACF-50-Mot...wAAOSwdGFYrS07

A liberal coating of the above on metal (not the disks) leaves a layer that staves off corrosion. It's well worth the cost and a massive bottle like the one I linked lasts a very long time.

I don't know what you mean by Euro 4
    It's the latest emissions/safety rules from Brussels. Bikes that size require combined brakes or ABS. Lot's of Chinese bikes are still Euro 3 and being sold under a rule that allows a certain % of older Euro 3 bikes to be sold. I've googled it it is Euro 4 with combined brakes.

Speedo is in KPH which is mildly annoying because it's hard to see the MPH numbers or do the math when I need to be concentrating ahead and around me.
    If the speedo is cable driven you could probably make the KPH in to MPH with an old adaptor (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle...8AAOSwYIxX9L1W).

Or just do it the ghetto way and put easy to see stickers on the clock face at 30/40/60/70

Hi Prime, welcome to Wiltshire Bikers!
    That Mash looks like a mini version of the old Honda CB500T.
    There's no feelin' like 2 wheelin'

Hi and welcome to WB

Black and gold - an excellent colour!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Wow man, thanks for the advice! I'm aware that the bike is likely made to a lesser quality than compared to the Jap rivals, so the ACF-50 is going on order as soon as I get paid! I might venture over to Tidworth tomorrow evening for a bit of a play, so if you see a rider in black and grey with L Plates giving you a hugely enthusiastic nod in order to get recognition, it's probably me!
    “The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”

Platinum Member
    Hi nice looking bike. Iv had a couple of Chinese owned bikes/bikes built in China for other makers and apart from bolts coming loose I didn't have a single problem with them.
    To be honest most people on here have owned or do own a bike made in China and don't even realise it as so many are made out there nowadays.
    Last edited by Badger-Roy; 27-04-17 at 09:19 PM.