Notices

Thread: Hello from Salisbury!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hello from Salisbury! 
    Hello guys and gals, thank you for allowing me to join Wiltshire Bikers!

I am 28 years old and I have been wanting to ride a motorcycle for ages.. Last month I went and took my CBT on a whim, and a few weeks later I purchased my first motorcycle! I am very new to riding, so have very much jumped into the deep end. Still making plenty of minor mistakes, although clocking up around 400 miles so far, I am yet to do anything dangerous - which is the way I want it to stay!. I've been driving cars for about 10 years and my gosh I feel new to the roads again!

So anyways, being on a motorcycle is just utterly awesome! (As I am sure you will all agree) I have been off exploring to no where in particular and I pretty much stop riding when I feel tired, hands go numb or my bum hurts - that's pretty much a good 6 hours and I'm just hungry for more!

Anyway, you are probably more interested in my bike... I heard 3 bits of advice from most people I know 1. Don't ride 2. Don't buy new 3. Don't buy Chinese made..

Yeah I went and stuck it to the man - I bought a brand new 'Mash Black 7' 125cc. My god it's awesome. I love the retro look, it feels great and I have had zero problems with it. Single Cylinder, Air cooled awesomeness.. she purrs wonderfully and growls when the throttle is opened up.. (Yeah I know it's only a 125cc, but holy hell 50mph feels fast on it). Would love to come to some meetings and hopefully go on a few rides (that don't involve motorways) with anyone willing. Looking to get better, more confident and stay safe - making friends a long the way - oh and having a look at the bikes you guys and gals ride will be a massive plus. Picture of the bike attached for those that want to see it..

Hope the link works, not very good with this

Thanks for reading!
    Prime

Hi Prime and welcome WB. Glad you are enjoying your riding, and hope to catch up on a ride out soon

Chatterbox
    Evenin Prime
    Everything else is shyte

Last Train and Wes, thank you and good evening! Wanted to go out on the bike so badly today, but chores always seem to fall on nice sunny days, never rainy days
    “The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”

Hi Prim.
    I only have one vice…I lie.

Hi Prime and welcome to WB , like the bike , she's a beaut !

Hi and welcome, keep it sunny side up and enjoy the new bike

Welcome nice looking bike!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Thanks everyone . Yeah I have to admit I am terrified of dropping it.. It probably will happen, well it almost did. I stopped in a layby to allow an ambulance through and as I stopped my left boot skidded on some gravel (like what the hell and where does all this stuff come from, laybys, roundabouts everywhere)! well I somehow amost fell off the left side whilst almost simultaneously falling under it. well I caught it anyway, but I S**T the bed! All good, sunny side up for sure!
    “The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.”

Hi, Bike looks really good. I had a couple of Chinese bikes, if you threadlock everything and liberally apply ACF50 they manage fine.

Is it Euro 4? I don't see any sign of ABS, so combined brakes?