Notices

Thread: Bluetooth intercom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Bluetooth intercom 
    Hi guys.

I did some forum search, but last chat about bluetooth intercom was here somewhere in 2014 :-) And wasn't particularly huge.
    I'm thinking about buy one of them. Never used before. So, any comments very welcome.
    Primary reason - communication with my daughter when she is with me. Then music and calls if necessary.
    I know most of the sets on market today can connect more than one person. I think average is about 4-5 riders together. That could be useful as well I think.

I'm thinking about two brands right now, Sena and Interphone. Looks like Sena is more popular, however Interphone have quite good reviews as well.
    Any of you using one of the above? Maybe something else if not those two?

Cheers
    Arek

I switched from Cardo to SENA in my Schuberth helmet. The SENA give better volume and sound quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by derekwiltshire View Post
    I switched from Cardo to SENA in my Schuberth helmet. The SENA give better volume and sound quality
    Which Sena model you using? Any problems with pairing to phone or other Sena set? What with the pairing to other brands?
    Asking questions about pairing and connections, as looks like it is the most complains about in Amazon.

I've had no trouble pairing to my two phones, not yet tried pairing to another unit from any manufacturer.
    Find the firmware update works with no problems on my Mac but not on windows

Forgot to say, am using model 10U

I use the interphone BT model like the one in this link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252028633412

I bought it as wasn't sure if I'd use intercom sets so for the price compared to the Sena's these were a cheap investment. Turns out they're perfect for what I need. They're great for talking to my partner when she's on the back and I use them to take the occasional call. The most I use them for is listening to Spotify.

The controls are really simple and connectivity to devices is quick and easy. Generally they're great value for the price! But that's just my opinion! 😁

Got a U10, and S20 and had two scala solo's. Used comprehensively.
    Sena S20 is the best, drowned them twice and dried them out..... good as new too.
    Counting down until my next ride out!

After research including official Sena support forum I decided to go for Intercom. Looks like Sena is great, have all new features, however is not waterproof. they say it is some kind of rain proof, but many people just drown the out during their trips. New intercom Urban, Sport and Tour is IP67 waterproof. Also with BT 4.1 and similar spec to Sena 20S.
    Will arrive soon, so I'll let you know how reality compare to reviews.

Yea, Sena is fine in driving rain. They dry out no problem. Other reason to go for a Sena as if you meet with other riders with intercom they are more likely to have a Sena too. So they pair over the 4.0 B/Tooth. Means you get 800 yards reception. Paring on the 2.0 channel is fairly useless unless youre rising right next to other rider.
    Counting down until my next ride out!

AVOID sharktooth we bought 4 to fit in our lids missus and kids, you would be better to use bean cans and string, at over £100 each a total waste of money, no use whatsoever rider to rider as once line of site is broken they do not re pair anyone want 4 ?? Feckin useless