Notices

Thread: Victory motorcycles gone into liquidation

1. Victory motorcycles gone into liquidation 
    With immediate effect according to MCN .

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2...cease-trading/
    Last edited by DC; 09-01-17 at 05:28 PM.

Saw this earlier, not to my taste but still a shame
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Not really my bag either , they look a little too " Concepty " for me , or like something that belongs on a fairground ride . Just a shame that a seemingly successful brand has hit the wall .

Chatterbox
    Yes I see that,

More V twin blues
    Everything else is shyte

Seems like a logical business decision they have 2 marques (Indian and Victory) targeting a similar audience. Makes sense to roll it all in to one (and Indian is the name with the Heritage).

Tragedy, always loved the victory stand at the NEC��

Platinum Member
    Polaris the parent company have a healthy turnover, however most people want HD, it's not the end yet, i reckon we'll return to this thread when no-one wants a crappy Indian too.

Got the 2nd biggest American brand under their ownership, they been building their Indians long enough to be established now, Victory now sounds like a defunct stepping stone. That whole American chopper look seems to be on the wane now, Indian must fit now seems more relevant

American cruisers aren't my thing but I recall seeing a Victory parked alongside a Hardly Worthitson at Blade a couple of years back - the Victory looked clean, tidy and modern. The Hardly looked like an antique in comparison, dated, bitty and untidy. H-D are making hay from their brand image, and they have a loyal customer base who'll keep buying in huge numbers any re-badged relic they churn out. Stone Age tech and abysmal riding dynamics don't matter to the faithful, plus of course the non-biking public buy into all the image and think they're cool and buy the merch in huge quantities.

Hopefully, Indian will take a chunk out the H-D market share, but Indian also trade on the historical angle and use far more dated styling than Victory did, but if that's what it takes....
    Racing is life, anything before or after is just waiting.
    Steve McQueen