Notices

Thread: Motorcycle Live

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Motorcycle Live 
    Hi all,

Don't post very often but after some advice. I am off to motorcycle live for the first time due to getting free tickets from work.
    I was after advice from people with regards to what to do and prioritise whilst I am there.
    I get to test ride things at work due to working in a large multi-franchise company in Bristol so I am not rushing to do that so what else should I focus on and ensure I do?

Cheers all.

P.S I am off up there on the Tuesday if that helps?

Hi, I'm also going up Tuesday. I tend to use the show to try kit on for sizing, seeing the latest bikes (not sure why as never have and probably never will) buy new, and getting some decent buys on consumables (oil, cleaning bits n bobs) etc

Platinum Member
    If you work at Fowlers, it's gonna be like a busman's holiday for you, it's just one big shop.

Ha how did you guess?? I suppose worst case scenario is that I will get some information to provide to customers when they ask about these new machines. Do they normally have some really good deals on then or is it pretty much the same deals i could get by shopping around?

I used to go private and trade, also to the car equivalent and to be honest treat it as a day away. there is a lot of talk , a lot of carrier bags with freebies in, oh, and a lot of people.
    you may get a minute to sit on a new model of GSXR (other makes are available), some of the salesmen aren't that interested as its a long day/s for them. you can get deals on helmets, and cheap sub continent leathers but better off looking elsewhere for bike deals. you will probably buy something you don't need, beer and food tend to be expensive.
    the stage shows are ok , but take up time and you need to be there at a certain time.
    then there is the car park!!!

Just wander around and see what you bump into... it's amazing all of the gear from new helmets, cameras all the things you don't really need !

Yes a really good day out, we go every year, but on the weekend tho which is busier, but Its well set out and easy to navigate around. We start the day well with a visit to the spoons in the complex for a bit of brekkie

I had pencilled-in this event .... but not with a storm about ....
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Its on til next weekend

I didn't know there was a spoons there! That is my priorities changing now! I get good deals at work so it would have to be pretty special to beat them.
    I am sure it will be a good experience and a good wonder around looking at some interesting stuff