Notices

Thread: Gopro Hero 5 vs Drift Ghost 4K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member
    I've got the Ion Air wifi lite, pretty much same thing, picked it up in Staples for £50 a few years back. With the 3 you get external mic and 12mp stills, prolly some other stuff too. You can pick up the pro3 for £99 in currys currently, which is a bargain i think. I have mounted mine on the helmet, 3m pad is 100% secure, it is more discrete than the pic above actually, and you do not notice any weight. I can mount my iphone on the bars, and see what the camera sees, if i want, obvs this drains battery of cam faster as wifi is on. BTW new lens are £12 from ION, just in case you scratch one on there. Mounts, you have to shop around, they are better than other makes i've seen, but specific to ION cams only, if you look around you can get loads for not much £££, and all are quick release, which is nice.

I opted for drift ghost s and prefer it to my mates go pros.
    It's waterproof without needing a fiddly case.
    It has a rotating lens so where ever you mount it can have the picture at the right angle.
    The battery lasts 2x go pro.
    It's a great shape and is unobtrusive.
    It's simple to use with gloves on.
    I only shoot in 1080 30fs so not bothered about 4K.
    It takes a 64gb card enough for a 10 hours.

Platinum Member
    Sainsburys in Cepen Pk south, have some Kitvision cameras for £50&£70 which is massively reduced, even the submersible 360 degree one, very tempted.