Notices

Thread: Manoeuvre..... no mirror, no signal !!

1. Manoeuvre..... no mirror, no signal !! 
    Aidbox
    Headed out about 10.30 this morning up to Warwickshire to help my step daughter move house. It was a nice sunny, if frosty morning and I was making good time up the Fosse.

Just after Bourton near the scrap metal dealers I indicated and pulled out to pass the two cars in front of me. Just as I come alongside the first car, a silver Mercedes, they suddenly pull out to overtake. I'd been sat behind them through the speed camera so I'd been in their rear view for some time.

They hit me with the driver door sending me further across the road towards the hedge, probably travelling about 55 to 60 and now the front wheels wobbling like crazy !! I managed to let off and get the wheel steady and was about 6 inches from the opposite kerb. Luckily I'd had a decent gap so there was nothing coming the other way. I really thought I was either going to lose the front wheel or put it into the hedge.

Managed to get in front of both cars and luckily there was no damage to the bike, banged my arm on the side window and mirror but nothing major.

They didn't indicate at all, and clearly didn't check their mirror. The gap before the bend was fine for a bike but pushing it for a car which I think is why they swung out so quickly without looking or indicating.

I didn't bother stopping because I'm not sure what you can constructively say to people who struggle to grasp the basics of road safety, absolutely crazy !!
    Last edited by Aidbox; 07-11-16 at 06:35 AM.

Good to know your ok , Take care Aidbox

Glad you're ok mate. Definitely goes to show how little notice people take of there surroundings. Take it steady and hope you had a clean set of pants after that!!

Wow that was incredibly unlucky/lucky!! Makes you want to report them for attempted manslaughter!

It may be worth logging the incident with the police in case the Merc decides to report you for dangerous driving as similar happened to a friend of mine a few years back, they didn't make contact or stop but he had a letter from Her Majesty's finest a few weeks later asking for his version of events.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Chatterbox
    Crikey....
    Everything else is shyte

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Wow that was incredibly unlucky/lucky!! Makes you want to report them for attempted manslaughter!

It may be worth logging the incident with the police in case the Merc decides to report you for dangerous driving as similar happened to a friend of mine a few years back, they didn't make contact or stop but he had a letter from Her Majesty's finest a few weeks later asking for his version of events.
    I did wonder about that as it's possible their door or wing mirror may have been damaged. I didn't get their registration unfortunately.

Doesn't matter, give as much detail as you can and then at least you have it logged.
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Wow. That was lucky .... The reason they did not indicate was probably because they did not know you were there .... Welcome to he world of invisibility ..... Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Aidbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanboy View Post
    Wow. That was lucky .... The reason they did not indicate was probably because they did not know you were there .... Welcome to he world of invisibility ..... Richard
    If they'd checked their mirrors they'd have know I was there. I'm not invisible and my headlights were on, just people not using common sense, or mirrors.