Notices

Thread: Road rage!

1. Road rage! 
    Had a bit of an odd one yesterday.
    I was heading to frome on the a350 happily sat behind a small van doing around 50 mph.
    He was hugging the left of the road but as I wasn't in a rush and there was oncoming traffic, and a lot of side roads I was content to stay where I was.
    I could see the guy waving his arms around so When the road cleared I passed him and saw he was going mental!
    "Why didn't you f****ing overtake" etc.
    I've had cars deliberately block me before but never try to force me to overtake.
    Anyone experienced this before?

People should just bloody follow the Highway Code and not try and get other road users to do things. Strange I have similar experiences. Riding by the side of bowood yesterday on the Chippenham side the car in front was doing 50, I was happy as was soon turning off he slowed to 20 miles an hour and crawled along I wansnt up his arse either or aggressive. Thought he might of been ill or something so stayed behind he then stayed like this and backed up the traffic for a while. Daughter was in a car behind me coincidence and wondered what the guy was doing. I did over take him in the end he then sped up immidetiatly again only for me to turn right into Derryhill with my daughter and I a bit panicked what this guy was doing. Last week I caught another one on my camera I overtook a car in savanake to pull into a large gap behind a black car. The black car moved to the left hard and violently braked essentially assuming I was going to overtake it too. But there was not the space and now there wasn't a gap to move into either from the persons good deed!

I'm all for just letting people past if they want to go faster than me or if I really don't like them following me for some reason I'll find a safe place and pull over but there certainly are some f*cking idiots about out there!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”

Platinum Member
    A few years ago now, around jnc12 M4, i'm doing about 85 on the bike outside lane, and some ferkstick in an audi is right up my chuff, and i do mean 2 foot away, middle lane is chocka. About a mile before jnc11 traffic stops, i'm so enraged i stop get off bike and go to have it out with him, and he says why wasn't i lane splitting, at 85 you F*()(*&^g idiot? I was gonna twat him, but he had glasses and about 3 foot tall, and proper sh1t himself too.

I think it's a distance thing. If you are close up to a car in they will wave you through, if possible. If you are far behind the vehicle in front , they won't bother. Richard
    It's not about my ears ... it's about my ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanboy View Post
    I think it's a distance thing. If you are close up to a car in they will wave you through, if possible. If you are far behind the vehicle in front , they won't bother. Richard
    Very true but people have a very different idea about what is close and what isn't.
    I've had people brake check me before and I didn't even have to react because I was so far back.