Notices

Thread: IAM Skills/Track day for LAdies at Thruxtion

1. IAM Skills/Track day for LAdies at Thruxtion 
    Our next motorcycle skills day is exclusively for female riders

Had this email from my local IAM group, Solent Advanced Motorcyclists:

We are delighted to invite female riders of all abilities to book a place on our first exclusively 'ladies only' skills day at Thruxton circuit (Hampshire) on Monday 19th September.

The day is open to members, non-members, family and friends, so please pass on the details to anyone who may be interested in participating. Spectators are also welcome on the day.

The day is designed to focus on the riding styles, skills and reasons for riding that we have been specifically asked to cover by our female members. Everyone will be able to learn something new.

This is not a track or racing day, it is a closed road skills development opportunity.

Booking is easy, each place is £135 per person for the day. Simply call 0300 303 1134 during office hours, but be quick as there are limited spaces available.

You can find out more about IAM RoadSmart Skills Days by visiting

www.iamroadsmart.com/skillsdays

Having done a couple of these myself at Thruxtion they're a great way to get time on a track but able to take things at your own pace and throw in some advanced rider training at the same time. If it's the same format as previous then you will get about 7 session on the track during the day so good value as well.

If I wear a dress can I borrow your thou and go?

I'm almost tempted to say yes, almost but not quite!

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    I'm almost tempted to say yes, almost but not quite!
    1100 and a bikini?

On a serious note I went to watch Trev doing one of these at Thruxton last year and it looked really fun. Also as Thruxton don't do bike track days short of becoming an actual racer it's one of the few ways you are going to rag a bike around the place.

I must admit it does sound interesting but as Thruxton is a pretty fast circuit and my biggest bikes on the road are either 1969 500 Triumph or a 1977 Morini 350.....
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”