Notices

Thread: Hastings insurance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Hastings insurance 
    Has anybody else come across this, my wife contacted Hastings for a quote and she was informed them that she has now got a full licence. Hastings informed her due to her having a full licence meant her details have changed and tried to charge her £27.

We we told them to shove it were the sun don't shine and cancelled her previous policy, just a rip off.
    Adventure before dementia

Yeh very common now to charge a hefty admin fee for every single little change!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Only £27? I've been hit with £30 and £35 it's now one of the things I look for as I change cars on a whim

probably the normal for mid term changes (their technical terms), worst we had was taking out an online policy. all communications and details by internet. when we wanted to change something ended up £25 phone bills. best change details at the end of a policy.

Sadly some try and rook you for a lot more. I will try to stick to Defacto rated insurers in future.
    Counting down until my next ride out!

Avoid at all cost, could write a small book about their incompetence this week. OK until you need to discuss anything, then the problems start. Unable to continue any conversation due to the fact no operator has a direct number. Whenever you call back it's pot luck as to which call centre, operator, in whatever country you end up with. They take very poor notes on each occasion so you end up repeating everything. 10 phone calls later, numerous failed promised return calls and still no resolution, told them to cancel policy for full refund as it was in the first 14 days and they didn't give a monkeys.

Any recommendations, or is insurance just a ****e industry we all have to live with because it's a legal requirement???

Before you renew insurance go on one of the comparison sites for prices and check all the details before committing to any one insurer - you don't have to go with any of them but you can pick up useful information once you have prices (if I remember rightly if you open one it will then come up with all the background info) You aren't bound to use any of them, but it gives you handy information to go to your insurers with

Hastings:- Called them during the week before bidding and buying my first Daytona on EBay, went to pick it up the following Saturday some 5 days after the quote, called them when we loaded it in the van - it had gone up by £75!!!! I was livid, some guy tried to fob me off that prices fluctuate (see above - I had also checked on comparison sites before setting off and indeed they do fluctuate, but you were talking around £1.50!) I can't swear on the site so am unable to express my true feelings on Hastings Direct

Eventually ditched Hasting and went on a comparisson site and got a good deal. I am not sure why insurance companies are unable to compete after the first year of going with them.
    Adventure before dementia

They can, its just they choose not to. They make profit from people who can't be arsed to shop around and just stay put so why bother to offer them a good deal!
    We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, while others bright, some have weird names, but they all have learned to live together in the same box.”