Notices

Thread: Outed: Closet Elton John fan

Hybrid View

1. Outed: Closet Elton John fan 
    Wiltshire Times

7:18pm:

James Eades who has travelled from Trowbridge said his journey has taken nearly four hours.

Mr Eades said: "It is a complete farce. He started ten minutes ago and we are still waiting for a bus from the car park. I can hear him in the distance."

Should have taken the Street Triple or Daytona!!

Post script. Somebody I know went as well, this morning they have an ear infection, a perforated ear drum, and best of all a UTI (!) yet a workmate of mine survived a Slayer gig in Cardiff last year quite unscathed

He's great! Sadly it took us 3hrs and 15 mins to do the trip from Trowbridge to Longleat.

Hundreds of people missed up to half of the show.

The very worst bit is that today the media (especially longleat' social media team) is saying how successful it was and that only a few people were stuck in traffic. It was hundreds if now thousands stuck in gridlocked traffic chaos
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

Diamond Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabz View Post
    He's great! Sadly it took us 3hrs and 15 mins to do the trip from Trowbridge to Longleat.

Hundreds of people missed up to half of the show.

The very worst bit is that today the media (especially longleat' social media team) is saying how successful it was and that only a few people were stuck in traffic. It was hundreds if now thousands stuck in gridlocked traffic chaos
    The organisers of the event appear to be playing down the traffic chaos. "Sorry seems to be the hardest word."
    Sorry James I couldn't resist it, I can only imagine how frustrating your journey must have been. Lucky Sophie wasn't with you.

Elton John wrecked my transport plan yesterday. I had drivers on what should have been 10 hour days have to sleep out due to the traffic.

That was never going to go well for anyone travelling with 15,000 people there, despite anything Longleat may have said

Hopefully you didn't miss any of the show Dabz

We missed 45 mins of him Julie!
    http://twitter.com/WiltshireBikers
    http://www.facebook.com/WiltshireBikers

I came back along the A36 on my bike from Salisbury direction on Sunday afternoon about 4.00pm couldnt believe how bad the traffic was. It was crawling at Upton Lovell and completely stopped for miles. Not the nicest to filter on either as so many people were doing U turns. One of the big problems was that everyone was blocking all the roundabouts. No idea how many of them were on the way to see the concert but most of them will have been sat there for a very long time.

We have 'Glastonbury' 2018 or whatever to look forward to at Longleat. That will be fun

James

I know you are into Triumphs. How about getting a Rocket man.
    Glad you enjoyed the concert. Kev