That's good news you got the bonnie sorted, electrical/ignition issues are nearly always tricky to pinpoint.

The reader you've found looks fine for reading and resetting DTCs, seems to have good reviews. It doesn't mention anything about live info, but if you're going to get TuneECU up and running then that can show you all the other stuff anyway.

I went for this one, it's more expensive but I needed one the next morning and it had prime delivery options. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XW0UA..._ApDxxbZ84QGKH

For TuneECU....
I'm assuming your bonnie isn't brand spanking new and is on the list of compatible bikes on the website. It seems that after a certain point Triumph started fitting anti-tamper devices on some ECUs that would be triggered by TuneECU. That is why some Triumph models are only listed as compatible using a Bluetooth connection and the Android smartphone app (if the app detects a Bluetooth connection it disables the map read/write features in the app).

If you're in a reasonably modern version of Windows then it should be fairly straightforward. Open Windows Explorer and find the file you downloaded (mine was TuneECUv2.5.7.zip). Right-click and look for the Extract All option in the menu that comes up. It will ask where you want to extract the files to, I chucked mine in a new folder on the desktop for simplicity.
Now if you open the folder where you extracted the files to, you can double click on TuneECU.exe. A window comes up first with some Ts&Cs (basically says if you change your engine map it's at your risk etc.), after accepting it will open the programme.

Hope this info helps